BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in the San Diego area need or want to have their fenders rolled? I figure if we have a group of 3-4 people we can get a discount from a local shop. Anyone else need to do it?

1. M55555
2. Bugzy

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For those who rub their tires on the rear and/or front fenders under load or certain driving conditions, the process of "fender rolling" ideally utilizes a heat gun and a rolling device to flatten the fender to accommodate larger tire/wheel sizes and/or eliminate any rubbing experienced.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you feel like driving up to NorCal, I have the tools to do it....it's actually pretty easy, I've done it on a few of my own cars, and a number of my friends cars. Anybody interested, just give me a call.

E

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Thanks
Does anyone in the San Diego area need or want to have their fenders rolled? I figure if we have a group of 3-4 people we can get a discount from a local shop. Anyone else need to do it?

1. M55555
2. Bugzy
3. Keang24

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I will go with you guys for the fun of it, but dont need my fenders rolled.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I will go with you guys for the fun of it, but dont need my fenders rolled.
I will go also just to check out all the beasts. Let us know when/where.

BTW, how much more rolling can you do to the fenders? Doesn't come rolled stock?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Sounds good guys. I'll update this thread when we have a price/date/location. I'm hoping for Group5 in Miramar.

I don't know about the E60 guys, factory rolled fenders came with all/most 2002+ models. For the pre-2002 guys, it was 50/50 that the fenders were rolled. Mine unfortunately weren't :(

1. M55555
2. Bugzy
3. MTR5PRT*
4. Keang24

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I'm going to be visiting Group5 around 5:30 tomorrow in case any of you guys want to stop by also. PM me for details.

EDIT: Postponed...I'll keep you guys posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts