BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question might be a little vague but does anyone recognize a LeMans Blue AC Schnitzer edition M5 from around town ? I hardly doubt there is more than one of these. The reason for my question is that I now have this excellent car... it's a long story of how I ended up with it. If anyone knows this car, I would appreciate some insight on the car if you have any.

Regards,

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Nope..havent seen that car running around S.A, although im not there every single day. Honestly, i havent seen any m5s while ive been driving through S.A.

enjoy

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have seen that car on the road around San Antonio but that is the extent of my knowledge. How did you get it?

·
Registered
959 Posts
I left San Antonio/ New Braunfels last year, and besides my car, I saw only one other LMB M5, but it looked stock. Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JeffS said:
I have seen that car on the road around San Antonio but that is the extent of my knowledge. How did you get it?
Well, to make a short story long, about 18 months ago I found this vehicle on ebay but the seller refused to sell at the last minute. Then he contacted me a couple months later with the same offer and I turned it down out of principle. Afterwards, I came to my senses and contacted him a few months later but he wanted more money, so I refused. Again he contacted me a month later and I purchased the car at the original agreed price. Normally, I would have never spoken with this guy after he reniged on the sale, but this deal was too good to pass up. The car is a 100% fully loaded 2001 with $30k in ACS, Dinan and audio upgrades. All of this near a wholesale price. The title holder obviously didn't know what he was selling. He just wanted to recoupe the lien amount on the car given it was a repossesed car. The only drawback is that I think the SOB pulled the headers on the car. I believe this because I spoke with the shop that did the ACS work on the car and they were pretty certain it had headers when it was in their shop. Hence, this is the purpose of this post to see if anyone knew this car and whether it had headers or not. Regardless, the purchase was an excellent one... the car gets compliments every single day it's out. Right now it's at the dealer getting a UUC clutch, SSK and PS2's.:1:

Regards

·
Registered
42 Posts
charronegro said:
Well, to make a short story long, about 18 months ago I found this vehicle on ebay but the seller refused to sell at the last minute. Then he contacted me a couple months later with the same offer and I turned it down out of principle. Afterwards, I came to my senses and contacted him a few months later but he wanted more money, so I refused. Again he contacted me a month later and I purchased the car at the original agreed price. Normally, I would have never spoken with this guy after he reniged on the sale, but this deal was too good to pass up. The car is a 100% fully loaded 2001 with $30k in ACS, Dinan and audio upgrades. All of this near a wholesale price. The title holder obviously didn't know what he was selling. He just wanted to recoupe the lien amount on the car given it was a repossesed car. The only drawback is that I think the SOB pulled the headers on the car. I believe this because I spoke with the shop that did the ACS work on the car and they were pretty certain it had headers when it was in their shop. Hence, this is the purpose of this post to see if anyone knew this car and whether it had headers or not. Regardless, the purchase was an excellent one... the car gets compliments every single day it's out. Right now it's at the dealer getting a UUC clutch, SSK and PS2's.:1:

Regards
Yep. I saw your M5 for sale and the owner looked like he was in pretty desparate shape. Glad you got a great deal on a highly moded M5! Enjoy it and hope to see you on the streets of Central Texas!

·
Registered
266 Posts
charronegro, I remember the car, I looked at it when it was at the Bmw Center (it was parked there for a LONG time) while the guy was trying to decide to sell and getting bids locally. I do remember some sort of fishy story about a lien or something. I looked at it closely and there were no headers on it.
Haveing done headers on my m , I can't see any reason to remove them to sell or ???? , it's a pretty big deal to do labor wise just to sell the parts.
I do recall it in the shop getting service and what not from time to time,I work around the dealers is how I know and frequent the Center often.
Who said they did the work R/West???
They have done alot of work for me on my M3 and the m5.

Back to the car to see if it's the one, it has 2 tone blu/blk interior, ACS splitters/bumper, DFC,wheels, spoiler.Pirellis on it(at the time),Dinan exhaust and CAI, I don't remember if it had AFM's, no headers, Audio of some sort?, a nice box in the trunk with M or M5 logo ?? I'd know it if if I seen it again.

I do recall the console being torn apart at the dealer, I thought they were putting in the DFC way back then, maybe something else was being fixed?

Give me a email, maybe we can meet up. Or see if we can get Rob to drive that monster up from Corpus when he gets it back from D/A so we can drool over it and have a central Tx. meet.

I had the guys there at the Center put A UUC clutch in too... Keith

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keith97M3turbo said:
charronegro, I remember the car, I looked at it when it was at the Bmw Center (it was parked there for a LONG time) while the guy was trying to decide to sell and getting bids locally. I do remember some sort of fishy story about a lien or something. I looked at it closely and there were no headers on it.
Haveing done headers on my m , I can't see any reason to remove them to sell or ???? , it's a pretty big deal to do labor wise just to sell the parts.
I do recall it in the shop getting service and what not from time to time,I work around the dealers is how I know and frequent the Center often.
Who said they did the work R/West???
They have done alot of work for me on my M3 and the m5.

Back to the car to see if it's the one, it has 2 tone blu/blk interior, ACS splitters/bumper, DFC,wheels, spoiler.Pirellis on it(at the time),Dinan exhaust and CAI, I don't remember if it had AFM's, no headers, Audio of some sort?, a nice box in the trunk with M or M5 logo ?? I'd know it if if I seen it again.

I do recall the console being torn apart at the dealer, I thought they were putting in the DFC way back then, maybe something else was being fixed?

Give me a email, maybe we can meet up. Or see if we can get Rob to drive that monster up from Corpus when he gets it back from D/A so we can drool over it and have a central Tx. meet.

I had the guys there at the Center put A UUC clutch in too... Keith
Keith,

Thanks for the info. Yes, it’s the same car. I had the BMW dealer do an inspection and they gave me a thumbs-up on the car. For some reason the service manager (Joe Moretti ?) thought that the car had headers ? I spoke with David Greenwood at Rhine West and they didn’t do the Dinan mods. I can’t remember the name of the shop that did the ACS stuff but it was in SA and they are the ones who thought it had headers. So you spoke with the seller ? At first, I thought he was shady too, but after getting to know him a little through this whole ordeal I realized he is just greedy. I normally would have never done business with him but I did all my research on the car and it all checked out. His shady story checked out as well. The guy is a contractor who built a retail building for the original M5 owner. The original owner put up some of his assets as collateral for the building including his house and the M5. I believe the building was for a furniture store at some local mall. Well, the original owner ended up in jail and so this guy repossessed the collateral. The whole story checked out because I even have an article of a local newspaper where it talks about the original owner going to jail for allegedly running drug money from New York to Mexico. The FBI got him. I also have articles about him in Mexican newspapers, a whealthy businessman with roots in the Mexican government… the internet is an amazing source. Interesting, huh ? The original owner is a real enthusiast. From what I know, he also had a Ferrari with a plastic windshield, moded M3, X5 and a $150,000 racing bike. Apparently, he holds a world record at the Baha race for bikes. I actually reside in Chicago, so I won’t be able to hook up with ya’ll in Texas. Although, I’ll consider going out there just to check out SC’dKelleners’ exotic. But, you seem to have a pretty impressive beast, too. What do you think should be my next mod… headers or the 3.45 diff ?

Regards

·
Registered
266 Posts
That sounds like the story I heard.
As for the next mod..,thats tough. Both are great bang for the buck.
But I think you might go with the headers first, if you go with some supersprints the install isn't as lengthy as the 1 piece like RD's and Dinans,ect... The headers will wake it up ALOT!
After that you might do the t/body mod if you don't have the dinans already.
I'm currently working on haveing my extra set ported and haveing new runners made, we'll see what it's worth, hp wise.
If it goes well Ill probably start selling a kit/package.
I'm meeting with the machine shop to discuss some things tomorrow..
I'll keep the board posted on progress....I'm thinking 2-3 weeks
Keith

1 - 9 of 9 Posts