BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Browsing youtube and came across this. Might be interesting to see which direction they take the rebuild...questionable lol

Maybe someone's car from the boards?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm glad the guy thinks it's a cool car and will give it a new life. That's about it. Other than that it's almost unbearable to watch. It's unfortunate that SO MANY of these cars now seem to have:
1. Some flavor of horrific aftermarket headlight and/or AE rings or both
2. Chopped up wiring for aftermarket stereos
3. Black painted wheels that look terrible
4. Straight pipes and in this case missing cats as well, boy would this be fun to be behind with nauseating exhaust fumes.
5. Blacked out grill
6. Some totally aftermarket coilover kit (less egregious of an infraction but still a little ridiculous IMO)

You see this combo of mods all the time on these and it's brutal.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm glad the guy thinks it's a cool car and will give it a new life. That's about it. Other than that it's almost unbearable to watch. It's unfortunate that SO MANY of these cars now seem to have:
1. Some flavor of horrific aftermarket headlight and/or AE rings or both
2. Chopped up wiring for aftermarket stereos
3. Black painted wheels that look terrible
4. Straight pipes and in this case missing cats as well, boy would this be fun to be behind with nauseating exhaust fumes.
5. Blacked out grill
6. Some totally aftermarket coilover kit (less egregious of an infraction but still a little ridiculous IMO)

You see this combo of mods all the time on these and it's brutal.
Not to mention the god awful music they put in their videos.

I hate to sound like an old fart but I do agree. I mean yeah it's his car and his money, and he can do whatever he wants. But they can do aftermarket stuff without it looking cheap and botched together. But sadly most don't care to do it properly and just call you a "hater" for not liking their style.

All in all, it's nice to see the car be given a second lease on life.

Sent from Uranus with Love.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have to give the new owner credit for going after something he wants, and bidding hard. But from watching some of his YouTube videos, he needed this for more content.
Wonder how much he makes from his videos?
I'm local, and have heard some of the cars past, so I watched the auction. He didn't walk away with it for cheap.
And yes, the new breed of owners are just helping deplete the inventory of good cars for tomorrow's higher prices.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've recently started following this guy. He's rebuilt a 1M and brought back to life an M2 that was in even worse condition. I don't always agree on his modifications but as for mechanics he knows what he is doing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was bidding on the car as a project car. He way over paid for it. I think you can find a clean title one for around the same price.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
What did he pay?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts