BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the low-lights of my F-1 trip to the Hungarian Grand Prix last month was the sighting of this poor abandoned Beast in the garage of my hotel apartment house… Not sure what the sign on the side window says (board member ‘akosm5’ or anyone else with knowledge of Magyar, can you enlighten us?), but perhaps these are kind words directed to the owner… Based on the collected dust (and looks of the tires and rotors), I say it hasn’t moved in well over a year… BTW, this was the only Beast I saw in Hungary for the few days I was there.

PS
Among the highlights of my Eastern European trip was seeing a new E60 Beast overtake me by at least 40km/h…all while I was doing in excess of 200 km/h… To fast (and too furious) to take my camera out and document it…

Attachments

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should clarify - I was not in my E39 Beast (which lied dormant across the pond) when the E60 Beast overtook me, otherwise the margin of 'victory' would not have been this steep, especially with the E39 having the speed limiter removed hiha Only way for the E39 to outshine (speedwise) the new E60 Beast.

PS
Among the highlights of my Eastern European trip was seeing a new E60 Beast overtake me by at least 40km/h…all while I was doing in excess of 200 km/h… To fast (and too furious) to take my camera out and document it…[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
What a sad sight to see a car like that :sad3:

A simple cotton car cover would give so much protection from dust & other contaminents...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the picture. I showed a copy of it to my M5 and just then a drop of water appeared from the front right headlight...was it rain or something else?

Actually, I told my car that if it ever let a modded M3 with SMG beat us at the drag strip by a car length, THAT was what was going to happen to it! :blabla: ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi Guys!

Well the floppied M5, sad to see things like this... So the writing on the side window, it means: " I'm dirty" . Yes you are! Unfortunately... ??????

Lesson: Never let your car into a condition like this! :nono: :cheers:

Bye! ;)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Hmmm, Really sad to see a Beast like that. They should not be caged, they should roam the streets! :crying:

Did you atleast give it a hug :15:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bayerischemotor said:
Hmmm, Really sad to see a Beast like that. They should not be caged, they should roam the streets! :crying:

Did you atleast give it a hug :15:
Just about! We were good for each other therapeutically - I had some words of consolation and encouragement that there will undoubtedly come a day when the Beast roars again, while she reminded me of my Beast (same color, except for the dust of course) which I had left behind for a couple of weeks and that helped me deal with my separation anxiety... :hihihi:

·
Registered
564 Posts
bayerischemotor said:
Hmmm, Really sad to see a Beast like that. They should not be caged, they should roam the streets!
I agree. Let's start a campaign to "Free the Beast".

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I think this guy is trying a low tech method of laser "jamming" the dirt absorbs the laser! :crying:

·
Registered
16 Posts
cosioboy said:
One of the low-lights of my F-1 trip to the Hungarian Grand Prix last month was the sighting of this poor abandoned Beast in the garage of my hotel apartment house… Not sure what the sign on the side window says (board member ‘akosm5’ or anyone else with knowledge of Magyar, can you enlighten us?), but perhaps these are kind words directed to the owner… Based on the collected dust (and looks of the tires and rotors), I say it hasn’t moved in well over a year… BTW, this was the only Beast I saw in Hungary for the few days I was there.

PS
Among the highlights of my Eastern European trip was seeing a new E60 Beast overtake me by at least 40km/h…all while I was doing in excess of 200 km/h… To fast (and too furious) to take my camera out and document it…
WTF, this guy can afford an M5, but not a car cover. Man, car covers must be really expensive in Hungary.

·
Registered
400 Posts
toys r' us said:
Maybe it was stolen??:sad1:
You could be more right than you know. I have a business associate that lives in Hungary and he had 2 BMW company cars stolen within days of taking posession of them. You should hear the horror stories he has about the Hungarian "mafia" and how the police are intimidated by them in Budapest.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Pete said:
You could be more right than you know. I have a business associate that lives in Hungary and he had 2 BMW company cars stolen within days of taking posession of them. You should hear the horror stories he has about the Hungarian "mafia" and how the police are intimidated by them in Budapest.
Pete,

I'm going to live and work in Budapest and set off next week in the M5.

Can you tell me a bit more as this is making me a bit nervous?

Jim

1 - 20 of 21 Posts