BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you guys in the warm parts of the planet have no idea how good you have it..seriously jealous..

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Today?! You guys haven't had any snow or salt in London til now? Most of my GTA buddies have stored their rides since late October.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
I just live across the lake from you in Erie, PA, I drive mine all through the winter. I see no reason to go through M5 withdraws for 5 months. Plus the M5 has heated seats and a much faster heater then my other car.
It is quite the fun car in the snow. :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've decided, if its nice out (above 32 degrees) and the roads are dry, then depending upon my plans for the day, my beast will see some winter driving. However, she is dirty and needs a bath currently.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not so much the cold or the snow for me here in Indiana as it is the potholes and how awful the city patches them. My car decided for me this year when it was being put up. Starter died. Have the new starter to put in it - just got to get to it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I parked mine two weeks ago after getting caught in the first snow of the year.

It was a sad day indeed but now it is time for maintenance and upgrades which is fine with me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've decided, if its nice out (above 32 degrees) and the roads are dry, then depending upon my plans for the day, my beast will see some winter driving. However, she is dirty and needs a bath currently.
Same here. No wet/salty/snow conditions but if there is no precip forecast and roads are completely dry I rock the M5. Way too much time and money spent on the car to not drive it for 6mo.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I hopped in my truck today to run an errand and thought "damn, it's 40 and dry out, why am I driving my truck?" ... and then I saw a veritable mound of road salt in my lane.

·
Registered
12,891 Posts
I still haven't had the first snow of the season yet............:tonquesmilie:

Regards,
Jerry

Reactions: chuffykow

·
Super Moderator
4,849 Posts
Mine's been in the Deep South for several months now. As someone who drives their Beast year-round, it's been just as fretful to think about the cumulative effects of exposure to oppressive heat/sunlight/humidity, as road salt.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts