BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
put a bumper sticker on your Beast?

As I was leaving my parking garage last night, I saw what I thought was an M5 parked a few cars in from the the end of the row. I circled back around to admire the car, and it had a big ol' election sticker smack dab in the middle of the bumper (I won't name which parties it was in support of, because I don't want this to become a political flame-fest).

It just seemed so wrong on so many levels!:confused3 :crying: :confused3 :crying:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
:crying: Why?! I saw that on a Oxford Green Beast in the bay area some time ago. I just looked at the owner and shook my head. He had a Gore election sticker on there, and it was pretty old by the time I saw it. Some people...
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I know.. it makes my stomach churn to see bumper stickers on regular cars.. don't know what I'd do if I saw one on an M5!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
put a bumper sticker on your Beast?

As I was leaving my parking garage last night, I saw what I thought was an M5 parked a few cars in from the the end of the row. I circled back around to admire the car, and it had a big ol' election sticker smack dab in the middle of the bumper (I won't name which parties it was in support of, because I don't wan this to become a polcitical flame-fest).

It just seemed so wrong on so many levels!:confused3 :crying: :confused3 :crying:
I'm with you...I don't support the whole bumper sticker on your car thing but to each his own I guess...

Anyways, what would've made this thread interesting would be listing the political affliation of the perp...I mean, I carry around a 9x11" piece of cardboard with big bold black letters that says "F BUSH" for those who have those type of stickers...Go easy on me :D

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
How about a magnetic pink ribbon in remembrance of a loved one lost to breast cancer?
As much as I agree with the comments against bumper stickers, and I have included magnetic "bumper stickers" in the past, ultimately, a Beast is just a car in light of life's circumstances, IMHO.
But then again, better a magnetic "bumper sticker" than someone sitting on the hood, a door ding, the dreaded bumper scars, etc.........
Ah, never mind, it's just a car.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Mrs_Struth said:
(I won't name which parties it was in support of, because I don't want this to become a polcitical flame-fest).
Being that it was an M5, I could make an educated guess :hihi:

Sad to see bumper stickers on the paint of any car...IMO.

The only sticker on either of our cars is an "AFM" sticker on the back window on the M3...

·
Registered
612 Posts
The fact that this came up says a lot about not only M5 Owners, but especially those of us that participate in this Board. I would guess that most of us are car nuts and would NEVER put a bumper sticker on any of our cars - not just starting with the M5.

I remember how it pained me to have to put on the parking sticker back in college!

But others are right - in the end, it is "just a car" (oh my, did I really say that?!:eek: ) But still, I want it to look as clean and sharp as possible - while not keeping her as a garage queen.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
IMO a tastefull window sticker (no huge RMS banner across the back window :haha: ) or the magnetic deals are ok. Those can come off reasonably well. A bumper sticker leaves residue and all sorts of nastiness behind, and it looks horrible when it is on. At least the breat cancer magnet is for a great cause.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I wouldnt even think about it on a paint bumper.

Id consider putting something on windows.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I would not put on my car, but to each their own.

What really bugs me is the dealership identification plates or stickers on the rear of cars.

I figure if their not willling to pay you 25.00/week for advertising they should at least have to ask you if it would be OK for them to put one on your car.

Havent seen too many BMWs with them thankfully.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have a vinyl sticker on my rear small windows for the local BMW club I am in. Vinyl stickers are better then regular stickers since they are much easier to get off.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I had a brown university sticker on my rear window for about 10 years until my wife wanted to put her alma matter sticker on it too.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think magnetics are fine, as are stickers on the glass (static ones are great). Why? They come off without the risk of serious damage.

Adhesive-on-paint stickers are like tattoos - you may think they look great now, but someday, you may be older and wiser, you may change your mind and you're a) stuck with it, or b) facing a tough (if not impossible) job getting it off.

·
Registered
366 Posts
....that still pales in comparison to the shock (no offense ) I experienced when I saw my very first e39 M5 and peeked inside its windows. It was carbon black or black maybe, black interior, and there was a babyseat in back and the interior was THRASHED. Toys, sippy cups, food, blanket, etc. I love kids, but an M5 "mommy-mobile"? This was really shocking and it may have even had a bumpersticker, but I'm not sure. That unsettled me.

:crying:

·
Registered
369 Posts
ALEV8 said:
....that still pales in comparison to the shock (no offense ) I experienced when I saw my very first e39 M5 and peeked inside its windows. It was carbon black or black maybe, black interior, and there was a babyseat in back and the interior was THRASHED. Toys, sippy cups, food, blanket, etc. I love kids, but an M5 "mommy-mobile"? This was really shocking and it may have even had a bumpersticker, but I'm not sure. That unsettled me.

:crying:
I have a car seat and pacifiers in mine. It is still a car, designed for transportation of people.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts