BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Top Gear tonight they had Sabine (the BMW Ring-taxi driver) giving Jeremy Clarkson some help as he tried to go under 10 minutes in a new diesel Jaguar. It was a pretty good episode as they showed him practising for a day and a bit trying to break the time. You could tell he was really trying as well because he nearly stacked it a couple of times! The best bit was at the end when he managed it by 1 second (9.59) and Sabine said "I could do that in a van!". Then she went out and knocked nearly a minute off his time with her first lap in the car!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Just saw that as well - great episode.

I especially liked the disabled chap in the ZMCoupe and the way Sabine said JC had "20% talent" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
not 100% sure but i think its repeted again later tonight for anyone that missed it.

I have been lucky enough to be on top gear teaching boffins how to do burn-outs but i loved Sabines ring attack even more:M5launch:

·
Registered
881 Posts
I think Clarkson has always been thought of as a complete wanker when it comes to actually driving a bloody car fast and well. Some of his commentary is worth listening too though; he can be very funny.
It's a real shame that Tiff Neddle is no longer on Top Gear; his insights and driving skills are brilliant.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have the episode on Tivo, if any one wants it I can extract it and encode via Xvid, if someone has an FTP for it...

-Steve

·
Registered
79 Posts
You could always buy the latest copy of Top Gear magazine, it goes into greater detail about the 'Ring.

I think Tiff Needell is too busy telling us all how dangerous driving is now on that other show - my God it's dreadful. I just watched an old episode where they smashed a new car into an old car head-on at 35mph and then "Witnessed the carnage of a 35mph smash".

I didn't specially *like* physics at school, but I'm pretty sure that'd be a 70mph smash...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rampage said:
I have the episode on Tivo, if any one wants it I can extract it and encode via Xvid, if someone has an FTP for it...

-Steve
I will supply space. Check your PM.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
You Brits are so funny!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts