BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, finished up my Rod bearing and internal vanos line replacement a bit ago and finally got the videos edited and loaded up. It’s a 13 part series (yep, 13 parts, lol) that goes from the beginning to the vanos bleed and shows most every step along the way. I also included the parts list and special tools I used as well as how to set the vanos gear lash.

Maybe someone will find it helpful...or at a minimum what it takes to do the job that justifies to cost to have someone do it.

Below is the link to the first video...they are all grouped in a playlist so the others should be able to be found from this first one...it was a fun job for sure !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m excited to watch this series. I bought an E60 6-speed this week. It has 80,000 miles, and I was planning to do this job as soon as I bought it. I was actually planning to make a similar video series. It looks like that’s no longer necessary. Thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Awesome, very comprehensive, all inclusive. Thanks for taking the time to put this together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, very comprehensive, all inclusive. Thanks for taking the time to put this together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks ! Probably a bunch of it won’t be needed by most so I tried to break it up into smaller video segments of the work so parts people have done can be skipped over. It actually took longer to edit the videos than to do the whole job, but at least I don’t have to remember all of the steps and can just reference the videos too, lol.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just watched 1-3 as I try to know and understand as much about these cars and engine as possible. Great job from what I have seen and extremely informative. Thanks for your contribution to the community.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
DRMCEO
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing