BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, running extremely hot from the very beginning and plus the location of the twin turbos being where they are certainly doesnt help, excess heat in the engine bay is always tremendous, and you all must know the reason i swapped the turbos from the spare engine that i had was due to the original ones suffered from head chaffing, meaning the turbine blades had chips at the edges due to extreme heat even with water running in the intercoolers, kind of weird actually. Guess its all in the afr

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh yeah, and another thing, i also had the cylinder heads swapped coz we found hairline cracks around the injector and valves both inlet and outlet areas, just cracks and even able to feel the cracks by running your fingernails across them, amazing! So we had a compression test done by taking out the plugs to run pressure readings but fortunately pressure was still good, but had the heads replaced anyway for good measure.
Quite a number of issues actually the s63 hmmph!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I'm fascinated by this thread and thank you for the info.

I think over all cars cars today are made with a finite service life. I'm not sure if it's planned obsolescence ,cost cutting , or engineering compromises. Personally I have no interest in long term holding of any new car.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts