BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

S62B50 - ESS SC Kit/upgrade questions

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TheShafro 
#1 ·
Do anyone know what type of injectors/color that is the old and the new type/size on the S62 ESS Supercharger kit? I see my injectors are the white/grey ones at 36lb/h. Are these the first gen or second gen injectors on the VT1-560 kit?

And what upgrades is possible to the SC kit? Only the 92mm pulley, or are there more boost to be made - custom made pulleys? I only see the 92mm one on ESS's own page.

Is it hard to mount a water/meth setup, and what brand/kit is good for these engines?

Do anyone know where i can get better hoseclamps for my SC kit? What size are the clamps?

#2 ·
White/grey injectors are second gen. First was red.

Lots of things can be upgraded on that kit. I change just about everything when doing my builds for customers.

Meth can be easy depending on how complex you want the setup. Aquamist and AEM are good.

2x T-Bolt Clamp for 2.75"
4x T-Bolt Clamp for 3.25"

#3 ·
I second having the white injectors provided directly from ESS on my 560 kit. I do remember something about them being recalled. I had to send the first set of injectors back which they replaced with the white ones. I want to say the recalled ones were green but i cannot be positive. Its going back a couple years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.