BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S62B50, BMW E39 M5 and E52 Z8 VANOS Solenoid Board Repair and Seal Upgrade Service

As you will probably be aware, the original VANOS solenoid o-rings start to degrade or in worse cases split, hydraulic pressure is lost leading to the VANOS operating outside of spec and causing several running issues - rough idle, bucking when accelerating, flat spots, lack of power.

Our service replaces said seals with uprated VITON o-rings which will last the remaining life of the car and allow the solenoids to run the VANOS system to its maximum potential.Included in the price we also check and where necessary, repair the soldering from the PCB (printed circuit board) to the solenoid itself that often becomes damaged or fatigued leading to poor solenoid performance.

Finally, we remove the redundant filter gauze rings from the solenoids that if left in place, can actually disintegrate and block the fine oil passageways in and out of the solenoids restricting or ceasing oil flow.
We manually and safely apply voltage to each solenoid to open it, before blasting it clean with an appropriate solvent to ensure it is operating at full capacity. Only once it passes this bench test will we send it back out to you on a next day tracked service.

PRICE: £199 per solenoid board

Individual defective solenoids can be replaced with one of our brand new items or your own supplied solenoid if you prefer. We sell new solenoid at cost price (£130) and fit them free included in the £199 fee.

We can turn a single or pair of boards around in just one working day and, with prior appointment, remove and refit at no extra cost if you bring the car to our workshop and can leave it for half a day.

We are located just 5 minutes off Junction 21, M62 - Greater Manchester.

WORLDWIDE SHIPPING AVAILABLE, HOWEVER OUR RETURN TIME TO YOU IS PURELY RESTRICTED TO THE SPEED OF THE INTERNATIONAL EXPRESS POSTAGE SERVICES

We have carried out countless repairs on these units to customers both on and outside M5board and all our work is covered by a 12 month, unlimited mileage warranty covering the parts and labour supplied on the job we have carried out. Your pre-existing VANOS components that we don't service or replace are of course not covered.

CALL ME ON (+44) 07900 442644 FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO BOOK IN

Payment can be made via PayPal, or by any major credit or debit card

·
Registered
745 Posts
Interesting and great service you offer here! Wish this wasn't my daily driver right now as I think my noids could use some work. Although it could also be the MAF's or CPSs that are providing a rough early morning run from cold start. No codes, otherwise, runs mostly fine. I am definitely getting robbed of power somewhere.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting and great service you offer here! Wish this wasn't my daily driver right now as I think my noids could use some work. Although it could also be the MAF's or CPSs that are providing a rough early morning run from cold start. No codes, otherwise, runs mostly fine. I am definitely getting robbed of power somewhere.
Are you UK based? We can certainly take a look and do some in-depth diagnosis beyond a simple code read.

Regards

·
Registered
745 Posts
Unfortunately no... been fiending to have someone do an in-depth diag on my car and possibly get an Alpha N tune, but I am US based.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is a great service to offer. I daily drive and for sure keeping my m5 till the day I die. Will keep you posted and call to set up something B10-bomber either this month or the beginning of next year when my car is down for maintenance.

Allen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts