BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the engine out of the M5 Racecar today and was pondering how to mount the engine to an engine stand? Reason I ask is, the lack of support around the areas where you would mount the engine to a stand seems incredibly weak. I really don't want to risk breaking part of the block doing something like this so I figured I would check here first.

Thanks,
J

·
Registered
814 Posts
Could someone please detail how to mount the S62 on an engine stand?

Questions I have:

- Do those mounting bolts need to be sourced separately or are they found somewhere on the engine block itself?
- Where are the mounting points on the engine block?
- I've found a potential engine stand, but believe it only has provision for the four central bolts and not the ones on the periphery. Would this be a problem?

·
Registered
268 Posts
It sounds like the owner of that stand has lost the 4 adjustable metal arms which would mount in the holes you mention.

In that state the engine stand probably won't fit any block...

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
Could someone please detail how to mount the S62 on an engine stand?

Questions I have:

- Do those mounting bolts need to be sourced separately or are they found somewhere on the engine block itself?
- Where are the mounting points on the engine block?
- I've found a potential engine stand, but believe it only has provision for the four central bolts and not the ones on the periphery. Would this be a problem?
1 Yes

2 See link to thread from 68FB

3 Yes, get one with adjustable arms.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts