BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Of the dozen or more S62's that I have sold here on the board, this might be the best. Those who have purchased engines from me can speak to my honesty and accuracy. References upon request.

It was removed from a beautiful 2001 M5 that received damage to the rear only. Car was previously owned and loved by two board members. You want even need to change the valve cover gaskets on this one. It is immaculate.

I'm offering it complete with wiring harness and all accessories for a true plug and play installation. If you don't want them, I'll remove them and you'll pay less.

$5000 complete as you see it in the pics below, minus clutch and flywheel. If you need a set of matching DME, EWS, key cylinders with key I'm offering those for an additional $250. Free local pick up near Baltimore or I will meet/deliver within a reasonable distance to zip 21036 for a small charge. I will ship anywhere in the US buy freight on a pallet. This will cost $250 - $500 depending on distance.

Onto the pics and video. Please feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions.

Slideshow - 69k S62 Slideshow by AdamBaj | Photobucket

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lcOVhPyPXBY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: alexworthy

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Wow, that looks cleaner and better looking than the 42k mile motor I bought for the same amount. GLWS!

Reactions: Clemster

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Price without AC, alternator, TBs, plenum, or wiring harness? (I.e., just the long-block?)

--Peter
Interested Peter? Call me. We're old friends, you know. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Gorgeous and great buy from good seller. If I had this in front of me a year ago, I'd have an M5T right now instead of a S/C 540. Great buy for somebody who wants to build an M5T or an eM7

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump for a clean motor.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
only if i had a spare 5k

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sir, on the video could be heard terrible diesel sound. Is there a vanos problem?
No. Did you read my description? I've sold more than a dozen S62's to board members and I think my track record with regard to accurately representing my parts is quite good. If you're looking for a motor, I have several that run well and can PM you a list of legitimate references. I hesitate to post video of any running S62 as they all sound bad on my point and shoot camera, but I post them anyway as to be thorough. I can assure you that, in person, this one does not sound terrible. Thanks for your interest.

·
Banned
3,793 Posts
Adam, I should just swap the motor, lol!

·
Banned
3,793 Posts
This motor sounds just fine, and the camera tends to pick up the sound much more amplified

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This S62 is officially sold. Thanks, Peter!

Reactions: ME_264

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I should clarify: All Sam's now. Merry Christmas.

--Peter
Wouldnt he rather have a few pairs of Air Jordans?

LMAO!

Well done and congrats to you both.

Reactions: Clemster

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 27 Posts