BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, yesterday I for the first time disabled DSC and engaged S6. I only took it to halfway up third. Regardless, my girlfriend was in the car and looked in state of shock as I grinned from ear to ear. After regaining her composure she began smiling too.

I have a question. Now I know S6 is available only with DSC disabled but has anyone managed to override this and manage to engage it with say MDM? I ask as for the street I like to have *some* safety net as my previous cars are an an AWD S4 and 996TT. (I know a P-car is tail heavy and I have driven powerful RWD cars before and have tracked numerously so no flaming on my driving) It just shifts so much faster and, in my opinion, smoother in S6 while at the same time being utterly brutal. Hope that makes sense.

My second point is CF removal. I've read the very informative main thread on it and am almost convinced to do it this week as the fact only North American cars have them is ridiculous. My friend with an 06 Space Gray did not know until I told him and he's up for getting it done too. I'll likely take sponsor Noble400 up on his offer and pay a visit to the shop this week.

So guys, please tell me if you have had any problems and does the noise/power improve even more? I'm on the brnk and just need the merest push before I join you:thumbsup:

·
Registered
917 Posts
I think it is not possible mechanically to shift at S6 kind of speeds with stability control. Part of the whiplash you noticed as you shifted with wide open throttle was wheels spinning and losing grip on the road, something that isn't possible even in MDM mode.

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
3,394 Posts
Sorry, no possibility of going S6 with MDM as of yet.

Just giveus a buzz when you want to come in for the CF removal.

The noise definitely does improve. There's a throatier induction growl when you're on the gas. It's not a huge difference, but you do notice it (unless you have a loud exhaust).

There's some minor difference in the power through certain RPM's, but it's not a straight up gain of x horsepower through the powerband.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
+1. The filter removal is a no brainer. More power, better sound and I have not heard of any issues whatsoever. Keep in mind, ROW cars come without the extra filter in the first place. Also, Dinan (read "your BMW dealershp") removes them as part of their software package. When you think about it, this really is a BMW recommended mod!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input, Andrew. It's nice when both your heart and head are saying the same thing!

Trol- I think you're right. The WOT shifts 1-2 and 2-3 create wheelpspin they bang in and I guess that's the main factor in this. MDM is a little too keen to "help" it seems as it should really allow this wheelpspin. Oh well

As regards RPI, Vic with the clean white M6 had good things to say about Eloy and the company so I'll hopefuly get chance to drop by soon.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Sorry, no possibility of going S6 with MDM as of yet.

Just giveus a buzz when you want to come in for the CF removal.

The noise definitely does improve. There's a throatier induction growl when you're on the gas. It's not a huge difference, but you do notice it (unless you have a loud exhaust).

There's some minor difference in the power through certain RPM's, but it's not a straight up gain of x horsepower through the powerband.
Is there a sound change when you install the RPi scoops but already have CF removed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts