BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELLO S38B3.6 VS S38B3.8 HOW MUCH FASTER THE B3.8 IS ????? And how does it feels vs 3.6. Is it visible faster or its just litle bid..Please oppinion is needed. Thanks :)

Regards
Anri​

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
HELLO S38B3.6 VS S38B3.8 HOW MUCH FASTER THE B3.8 IS ????? PLEASE I NEED OPINION! Thanks you for your time!​

Regards
Anri​
0.5 seconds 0-60mph and about 5-10mph at the top end!

·
Registered
37 Posts
depends how you drive.i have a 3.6 thats really sweet and havent been passed by a 3.8 yet. to get the best you hve to rev it hard,with a 3.8 they pull smoother from low revs but dont feel urgent when you rev them.in an e39 m5 i got bored, its a car that pulls as long as traction control lets it

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Fact is that a strong 3.8 will pull harder than a strong 3.6.

However on the road the differences are minimal, depends on individual cars to be honest. Davidoli's latest 3.6 is unbelievably fast (faster than Mauritius Maria) and easily a match for a majority of 3.8's. The only telling factor at high speed being the rev limiter on the 3.6.

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Fact is that a strong 3.8 will pull harder than a strong 3.6.

However on the road the differences are minimal, depends on individual cars to be honest. Davidoli's latest 3.6 is unbelievably fast (faster than Mauritius Maria) and easily a match for a majority of 3.8's. The only telling factor at high speed being the rev limiter on the 3.6.
Even though I currently own 2 3.6s , I must agree with JB in that a strong 3.8 will always be quicker than a strong 3.6 !

That said , in most real life situations , a decent 3.6 can more than hold it's own !

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
It is also worth pointing out that a well driven 3.6 will leave a badly driven 3.8 for dead.

The driver is often the weakest link in comparing cars performance on the road.

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
It is also worth pointing out that a well driven 3.6 will leave a badly driven 3.8 for dead.

The driver is often the weakest link in comparing cars performance on the road.
The problem is , I've never seen you drive your 3.8 badly JB Jnr ......:M5launch:

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Yes , a reasonable degree of sideways activity there I seem to recall !

In fairness , you had to deal with me rabbiting away into my mobile phone as you were lapping and yet you still managed to get it back pointing the right way without any great drama !

Good skills !

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Mini carousell, last ring trip...:eek:oohhh::1zhelp:
thats because your toe came through the end of those knackered trainers!!

i'm gonna have to take you trainer shopping mate, i've seen kids in charity appeal clips, with better footwear than you!

:1:

Steve (fresh trainers) Hall

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
thats because your toe came through the end of those knackered trainers!!

i'm gonna have to take you trainer shopping mate, i've seen kids in charity appeal clips, with better footwear than you!

:1:

Steve (fresh trainers) Hall
What with the way the weather was I left my box-fresh k-swiss at home.

Anyway, flip flops all the way in summer!!!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
What with the way the weather was I left my box-fresh k-swiss at home.

Anyway, flip flops all the way in summer!!!
Nah, you want a pair of Birkenstocks :hihi: with fireproof socks of course.

Alternatively a pair of rock-climbing shoes or 'gym slippers' will give you great pedal sensitivity - http://www.fivefingers.co.uk/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts