BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Its for sale again! That car was for sale about a year ago.

Interestingly it claims the interior is customized 3 tone... Looks OE to me? Unless it wasnt red/black from factory.?
Also installed Xenon headlights...

Kind of a funny write-up...
Matt

·
4,353 Posts

PFFT, IT'S A GIRLS CAR:

http://www.newyorkmotorclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=674

I remember it too, I think it was on DuPont registry as well...there's a couple of little things in the description that do sound dumb...
-it says this guy PILLA build the car meanwhile its a DINAN job mostly...
-the three tone could be referring to the headrest, since they have tvs in them now, the leather might have been replace...our they could just mean the jacket
-0-60 in just OVER 3 seconds...so it could still be the factory 5.3seconds

...DAMN!!! that silver shift-knob looks good...do you guys know if i can still order that one or can i only get the WOOD & LEATHER one?

·
4,353 Posts
Yeah, it is pretty awkward... I wanna spend and extra $20k just to wear the jacket that Ryan wore?!

Only three S3s too? Hmm

they might be trying to compare it to the D/A Twins...I'm pretty sure there was a thread when the car went up for sale the first time...apparently more was done to the car, rather than just the S3 Package

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
And he didn't bother to install a decent dead-pedal. And who wants to watch TV in the rear seat when you're riding in an M5?? My passengers usually sit staring in front of them enjoying the ride.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
$125K (buy it now!) insane. Whats up with the M badge on the kidney grill?! Tacky;)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Kind of a funny write-up...
Matt
Or stupid....So much money - so little brain. Hopefully she is either very attractive or has very rich parents. Else life will be hard one day....

Also - that ///M roundel in the hood with the M5 badge in the grille looks off I think. More "hot rod 528i" verus understated S3.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I'm confused...did Dinan build it (the badge would indicate so) or did Pilla build it (as the story would indicate)? Since the S3 has 621hp, I wonder where the other 79 came from? Nice car though (I'll assume), although I'd take that M5 badge off the grill on Day 1.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I don't know where to start with this one. The copy has so many problems it is bordering on misrepresentation. When I read 'one of three badged S3's.. ' or '100 point car' (which it obviously is not) it leads me to suspect that everything else is misinformed/exaggerated. Should we believe the 700 hp claim? (which by the way would be bhp, not whp). I still don't see anywhere near $250k in that car (El Diablo has considerably less than this).

It is a very nice car, no doubt. But it is over-hyped and over-priced. I think last year they were looking for $165k. If I were in the market for an S3, I would jump all over Martin's car. It has a more collectable pedigree, a one year bumper-to-bumper warranty, and I would be saving myself some serious coin.

Dave

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I don't know where to start with this one. The copy has so many problems it is bordering on misrepresentation. When I read 'one of three badged S3's.. ' or '100 point car' (which it obviously is not) it leads me to suspect that everything else is misinformed/exaggerated. Should we believe the 700 hp claim? (which by the way would be bhp, not whp). I still don't see anywhere near $250k in that car (El Diablo has considerably less than this).

It is a very nice car, no doubt. But it is over-hyped and over-priced. I think last year they were looking for $165k. If I were in the market for an S3, I would jump all over Martin's car. It has a more collectable pedigree, a one year bumper-to-bumper warranty, and I would be saving myself some serious coin.

Dave
>>>

Yeah, you'd save enough to buy two donor E-39's in case you need spare parts. (Plus, FWIW, you'd own Steven Dinan's personal car)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Those TVs are at such an awkward angle in the headrests that they are practically useless.

This car apparently defies the laws of physics too. LOL
‘The car is unique because the performance is the same whether you have only one person or four people in the car,’ he says. ‘With most cars and race cars, the more weight, the less performance. But not with this M5!’

Nice looking car but far too much cheese for me.
Salty.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts