BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Registered
I was just in the living room building my 2zz engine and saw the email notification of this thread...I gave you the respect of putting my tools down and opened my laptop to read the post 馃槉

ok, so to clarify....the 14hp gains....that's on the factory tune without any Alpha N, fuelling or IAT relocation mods? If so, that sounds quite promising Did you dyno last week? It was freaking epic last week in the UK...never happens.

Out of curiosity....do you happen to know the ambient and intake temps from the two separate dyno run occasions?

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
I was just in the living room building my 2zz engine and saw the email notification of this thread...I gave you the respect of putting my tools down and opened my laptop to read the post

ok, so to clarify....the 14hp gains....that's on the factory tune without any Alpha N, fuelling or IAT relocation mods? If so, that sounds quite promising Did you dyno last week? It was freaking epic last week in the UK...never happens.

Out of curiosity....do you happen to know the ambient and intake temps from the two separate dyno run occasions?
Hi,

Thanks for downing tools

Yes, no mods at all, no tune, just a Dyno run to see what it did with headers and decats alone, so pretty promising all things considered.

The ambient air temp was 27deg (!) on the day of the headers pull, plus the car was hot: it went straight onto the rollers from a fairly hard drive with no cooling time. The pre-headers run was about 19deg but the car had also cooled right down before that first run, so there's another few hp there too I guess.

I'll aim to do the AIT relocation before it's live mapped...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Registered
Definitely very promising indeed. I think it will eventually delivery the 30-35hp as advertised with most of it being above 5000rpm. Looking forward to further updates. Drive safe my man.

FFS...should never have sold my M5.... 馃様

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
As you can see, the gains are all to be had at bang-on 5,000rpm, where the standard headers (red plot) suddenly begin to tail off compared to the blue plot (new headers)...

Under 5000rpm, both the red and blue plots follow the same curve shape, with the blue marginally above the red all the way from 3,000rpm.

Interesting for sure, with lots more potential...

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Hi all,
My sport cats have arrived, so my nearly-new s/s Russ Fellows cat bypass pipes are now up for sale: I'll create a new thread for them

Registered
Who did you get to install them for you? If you dont mind me asking how much were the headers with sports cats including install?

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Hi all,

So, th decats were removed to fit 200cel ss sport cats (again, from Russ Fellows)...

On a different r/r, a slight dip in bhp from 413 to 408, but so many variables it's impossible to scientifically draw conclusions...

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
... however, I did have it live mapped today by DMS Automotive in Southampton.

It's gone up from 408 to 450bhp!

Amazing to finally see the potential from the headers released.

It pulls like a train, especially high up.

Very happy indeed :)

Registered
Not sure if you saw my previous reply, so ill ask it again. Who installed it?

Did you get the complete mid section from russ fellows and attach to the standard back boxes?

Registered
Discussion Starter #32
Not sure if you saw my previous reply, so ill ask it again. Who installed it?

Did you get the complete mid section from russ fellows and attach to the standard back boxes?

Hi, sorry, yes: I bought the Evolve x-pipe separately (eBay s/hand). Yes, it connects straight to the cats, but at the back-box end there was approx 2" chopped off the box.

I had it fitted bit-by-bit by an independent place and BMR (they did the headers)

Registered
... however, I did have it live mapped today by DMS Automotive in Southampton.

It's gone up from 408 to 450bhp!

Amazing to finally see the potential from the headers released.

It pulls like a train, especially high up.

Very happy indeed :)

That鈥檚 an awesome amount of delta!
May I be so bold as to ask how much the remap cost?
I need to get one as I鈥檝e got some Evolve Medusa鈥檚 to go on but I don鈥檛 know of anyone I trust in Sydney.

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
That鈥檚 an awesome amount of delta!
May I be so bold as to ask how much the remap cost?
I need to get one as I鈥檝e got some Evolve Medusa鈥檚 to go on but I don鈥檛 know of anyone I trust in Sydney.
Hi,

It was 拢500

21 - 35 of 35 Posts