BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Run Flats on E60 M5?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SuperBMW 
royk said:
I'd interested in hearing from those lucky owners on the Continent and in the UK about this issue, as there may be some confusion for us prospective owners here across the pond.

A poster on roadfly.org had a ride in one of BMW NA's M5 (apparently one of only three in the U.S. right now) and said that the car came with Continental run flat tires.

I clearly recall reading that the M Gmbh engineers had decided AGAINST run flat tires in the interest of the sporting intentions of the car and that this decision is true for the M6 as well. Has that changed?

For those of you that have your cars already like Gustav, what tires came on your cars?

I personally do not like the run flat tires due to the qualities of their ride and handling characteristics so hopefully the M5 will not be equipped with these tires here in the U.S.
The M5 is not designed to run on run-flats and is supplied (in Europe at least) with Continental Sport Contact (non-run-flat) tyres...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.