BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I dont normally post here as I have an e34 m5 & not an e60, however I do have a 2007 e60 520d and I have a question regarding r/flats.

I have now had the e60 for 15k+ miles and have been more than happy with everything.
About a month ago my wifes car got a prob which will take a while to fix so she is driving the e60 while I fly around in the e34 m5 which is my weekend car.
When I do drive the e60 now the asc light comes on more often (I think) and it feels much more easy to get the back end out.(not a standard 520d :haha2:).

My question is this-has anyone experienced r/flats grip letting go whilst still having loads of tread (around 10mm) or am I just imagining it as the m5 has far more grip (ps2's as well as uprated arb's so is pretty well set up).

Paul

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
The grip is still consistant with my run flats on the Z4....

·
Registered
831 Posts
My prior 6-series had run-flats and here are my observations...
Since the sidewalls were so stiff, there was very little tire roll, BUT...
Once the temperature dropped below 45-50 degrees, was like running on rocks and the tread did not grip very well.

Hope that was helpful...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I know you are talking about the same tyres, but recently I swapped Bridgestone RE050 RFT for Pirelli Eufori RFT (nil-stock on the Bridgestones) and my 118d feels like a totally different car - I just can't seem to push round a corner with the same confidence and the DCT constantly kicks in pulling out of damp junctions. Check the tyre pressures, when they are low the ride harshens :confused3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts