BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Rumour on Gintani

74K views 109 replies 36 participants last post by  dpaul9 
#1 · (Edited)
I received this info from several indepent from each other sources:

"The tuner Gintani uses "XX" tuning AKA "XXXXX" stole the G power M3 software from a local M3 and sold it to Gintani, thats what they use to run their supercharged E9X M3's. They tried to use the G Power M5 software in their project supercharged M5 but the design was too far off so it never worked right and im told the customer who's car they were using demanded it be put back to stock."

Anyone care to weigh in? :dunno:

#93 ·
Yeah GTR v. 135i? Hmm let me think about that one... NO. Eloy bring your car to the dyno day. It's not going to held at Gintani and my friends wont be there, just my car versus yours. If you want we can also go to the Streets of Willow for a little fun.
GTR vs 135??? Where did you get that from? NO, I wont be there. I gave you some advice to see for yourself. Its up to you if you want to take it or not. Good luck at your dyno day. Im done with this thread.

#94 ·
no no we cant be done I just got some popcorn and was enjoying this thread.... wow this is like a suspense thriller... way better than the usual romantic comedies I normally read about in the E90 section LOL

#99 ·
Best cliff notes I've read in years. Thanks Kees. hahaha

#100 ·
Awesome post Kees!!

Seriously, does the industry really need to be brought down to this level? We don't need cack like this and it seems to be everywhere now.

Can everyone just grow up and get on with what you do best - serve the enthusiast community as enthusiasts........

#105 ·
I got a PM from a member name smooth8 on 6speed and he asked me to post this:

"Its my friends M5 that was boosted by Gintani; the whole car was a horrid mess.DME was fried..He'll post it in the next coming days if you can't post it...
The A/C was system was out as well..
But he felt as if the car was an unsafe mess for him to drive.....
It was traded in then he was backcharged a large sum of money, and soon there-after the car was wholesaled off earlier this week....
The Gintani m5 S/C kit's a no go."

#106 ·
Just finished reading all 11 pages and is just amazed on what's going on. Although not surprised just because i see something like this happen on the Benz side as well.

So for someone who's looking into getting a s/c for an E90/M3 which is the better company/customer service to go with?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.