BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Again show me facts (i.e. actual owners complaints, emails, etc.) not "this happened but we chose to keep it behind the scenes" BS. Show me one blown motor? You can't because it didn't happen. Right now all the Gintani cars are running Jeremy's tune. Not one single car has has a hiccup! Drew keeps breaking records. Brian's car has OVER 15,000 miles on it! Dean's car, Sammy's car etc. all running without any issues. So if he's the junior tuner you claim he is how come none of those cars have a blown a motor yet? They all run OE Tuning software.

As I said before it's funny how all this "information" about OE Tuning and Gintani comes out now... Unsubstantiated claims made by rival competitors who have a lot gain from their downfall.

For the record I'll be happy to run my car against yours. Come out to Sticky's dyno day. I'll be there. full Gintani turboback and OE tune :)
I would be much obliged to run you in my GTR or even a dyno day see whos car has more power!! Full Nissan Twin Turboback SP Tune! :haha:

I have a Prius too if you like to run that as well 10-sec car 0-60!! :goldcup:

·
Registered
240 Posts
RPI

Just a reminder about RPI and Powerchip.

Powerchip ended RPI's ability to sell Powerchip products solely because Eloy broke his agreement with me to use Powerchip products for normally aspirated cars UNTIL another product was shown on Eloy's dyno when tested under Eloys own 'unique' dyno procedures to produce more power than the Powerchip product.

I gave Eloy an ultermatum, it was straightforward, if he continued to sell a tune against Powerchip for a non supercharged m3 or m5, then we could no longer allow him to resell our product.

Eloy said to me 'you are asking me to choose between powerchip and ess, but I want to sell both'

I advised Eloy that I had no choice but to stop him from reselling Powerchip effective immediately.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/147906-rpi-no-longer-sells-powerchip-software.html

I can find no record of Eloy communicating with Powerchip PRIOR to the split asking us to 'lift our game'. In fact, Eloy at that time had a focus on 'real time tuning' where as many cars as possible were 'custom tuned' at his facility, ie the ignition and air fuels were adjusted.

Eloy often marketed this as an 'RPI tune' which we didnt have an issue with.

Eloy then continued on the idea of 'his' product being marketed as 'different' than the normal ESS tune. He posted the dyno showing different power between the ESS product and the ESS/RPI product.

He forgot to mention that his 'different' file meant less power, but when you are the master of spin, why get the facts get in the way of the story :)

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/m5-e60-group-buy-forum-sponsor-discussion-offerings/150954-rpi-tune-dyno-sale-cas-only-ess-flash-facility.html

He forgets to explain clearly that the pink line lower than the maximum power run is the RPI/ESS file and the 'normal' ESS file is the most powerful file, but for those that read dyno graphs carefully, the detail of what run was which file is in the box on the top left corner that gives the indication of what each colour means.

If I was to anticipate Eloys response, I think he would probably say 'At no time did I say that the RPI file produces more power'. And that is true, he DIDNT ever state that. But more importantly, he never admited 'Yes, I admit that the RPI file produced less power than the normal ESS file but I think.............." The master of spin just hopes people dont notice and does not address the issue.

Obviously, ESS are in a different state than RPI, so they can't just drive to Eloy's shop and custom tune, they need to email Eloy a locked tune each time if ESS makes changes to a file for Eloy. Eloy just fits the tune that is made by ESS.

Eloy is a nice guy, its just that in this industry, the vast majority of sellers of tuning products use selective use of language to often convey an overall impression that is misleading. Its a tough game, and when there is no true unique sustainable competitive product advantage, then spin is often used to make up for competitive disadvantage.

What does Eloy do when he is 'called out' that the ESS tune produces less power than the Powerchip upgrade he was selling prior to the ability to resell was taken away from him?

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/m5-e60-group-buy-forum-sponsor-discussion-offerings/150954-rpi-tune-dyno-sale-cas-only-ess-flash-facility-2.html

He just doesnt answer the questions....

I dont have anything personal against Eloy, he didnt have any choice when Powerchip closed his account, its natural that he forges strong and close ties with ESS, thats would I would have done if I was in his position as well.

Ironically, I have since softened our stance on ESS dealers being able to sell both products side by side, so in hindsight I probably shouldnt as been as single minded with Eloy.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Is this guy Jeremie the same tuner that tuned E9x M3's for powerchip that were hitting limp mode ( codes tourq limit reached ) and at some point recommended everyone to beat on the cars so the values/ECU can adapt to the new power levels ?

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Lmao. Honesty really hurts someone like Wayne. Why don't you iust man up and admit that you were butt hurt the I said someone else had a good tune. Stop trying to make seem like you denied me from selling pc tunes. Lol. Maybe I should send you a box of tissue so you can be free of teara while you conduct forensic investigation? How about a dog to sniff out the bs you throw on the forums from time to time?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Lmao. Honesty really hurts someone like Wayne. Why don't you iust man up and admit that you were butt hurt the I said someone else had a good tune. Stop trying to make seem like you denied me from selling pc tunes. Lol. Maybe I should send you a box of tissue so you can be free of teara while you conduct forensic investigation? How about a dog to sniff out the bs you throw on the forums from time to time?
Should I call CSI?? :1:

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
My 2 cents....

It's apparent nothing is getting resolved from all these comments and personally, I think you guys are all hurting your image and scaring away potential customers from all the finger pointing. I'm sure each company will still retain their faithful clients but there are hundreds of people out there that are now probably really weary about choosing any of you guys. How about we call a truce and everyone goes back to simply focusing on how to improve their own product and better service the car enthusiast community....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah GTR v. 135i? Hmm let me think about that one... NO. Eloy bring your car to the dyno day. It's not going to held at Gintani and my friends wont be there, just my car versus yours. If you want we can also go to the Streets of Willow for a little fun.

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Yeah GTR v. 135i? Hmm let me think about that one... NO. Eloy bring your car to the dyno day. It's not going to held at Gintani and my friends wont be there, just my car versus yours. If you want we can also go to the Streets of Willow for a little fun.
GTR vs 135??? Where did you get that from? NO, I wont be there. I gave you some advice to see for yourself. Its up to you if you want to take it or not. Good luck at your dyno day. Im done with this thread.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
no no we cant be done I just got some popcorn and was enjoying this thread.... wow this is like a suspense thriller... way better than the usual romantic comedies I normally read about in the E90 section LOL

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm not sure why this thread is still here and open. I've already proved it to be total nonsense in the other thread that was deleted and this is still here because of what exactly? :dunno:
Because this one has 10 pages and the other had 4 pages.
Makes sense :cool2:

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
I'm not sure why this thread is still here and open. I've already proved it to be total nonsense in the other thread that was deleted and this is still here because of what exactly? :dunno:

Summary:
a) E90 M3 is a great car
b) There's lots of great mods that can be done to the E90 M3
c) There's a number of great suppliers (and some not so great suppliers) offering great mods to the E90 M3
d) Surprisingly, a number of these great suppliers (and some not so great suppliers) don't like each other
e) Very few people (actually possibly less) could care about these great suppliers (and some not so great suppliers) not liking each other
f) Lots of people buy the E90 M3 and lots of great mods from these great suppliers (and some not so great suppliers) and really enjoy it
g) Everyone lives happily ever after

z) Small exception: a very minute number of people who are fanboys to a number of these great suppliers (and some not so great suppliers) actually do seem to care. They do not live happily ever after until the rest of the Internetz(tm) are convinced that their great suppliers (and some not so great suppliers) are actually the best thing since sliced bread - and maybe non-sliced bread too.
z1) The rest of the Internetz decides it actually does care less.
z2) Fanboys to a number of these great suppliers (and some not so great suppliers) get warned on M5board for immature, aggressive and non-constructive discussions
z3) Fanboys to a number of these great suppliers (and some not so great suppliers) make it their life's mission to keep engaging immature, aggressive and non-constructive discussions
z4) Fanboys to a number of these great suppliers (and some not so great suppliers) get banned from M5board
z5) The world (and the Internetz) surprisingly keep turning
z6) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Best cliff notes I've read in years. Thanks Kees. hahaha

·
Company Representative for Evolve Automotive
3,068 Posts
Awesome post Kees!!

Seriously, does the industry really need to be brought down to this level? We don't need cack like this and it seems to be everywhere now.

Can everyone just grow up and get on with what you do best - serve the enthusiast community as enthusiasts........

81 - 100 of 110 Posts