BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a friend of Adam's, just joined, noticed you all like RUF vehicles, so as my first post I might as well give yall some pictures I took last summer from the Hockenheim event.

·
Registered
369 Posts
welcome on the board!

and thank you for the very nice pictures.

btw do you have any performance figures of the ruf rturbo with 590hp?
never saw any reviews of this car. would like to know how fast it is... (topspeed, 0-200 and 0-300 would be interesting)

i am sure you took a ride on it? :wroom: how was your impression?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9852147 said:
welcome on the board!

and thank you for the very nice pictures.

btw do you have any performance figures of the ruf rturbo with 590hp?
never saw any reviews of this car. would like to know how fast it is... (topspeed, 0-200 and 0-300 would be interesting)

i am sure you took a ride on it? :wroom: how was your impression?
If I remember correctly the 590 hp version has a 0-60(or 0-100kph) of around 3.8 seconds, the top speed w/ the different 6th gear option is about 220 mph or roughly 350 kph. I rode in the 590 hp model and I drove the 550 hp model. Both have an insane amount of power, driving it on the autobahn i kept forgetting what gear i was in because they all so much power.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
chunpng said:
Thanks for the pictures. Please say Hi to Adam for us.

CP
wish i could, I worked there last summer, I am back at school now studying mechanical engineering.

Andy-UK said:
That white RUF looks fantastic. Bet it's a right pain to keep clean.
The white car was an interesting model. It had 550 hp, however the owner decided to do the 2wd conversion and it also has air suspension to raise and lower the vehicle at low speeds.

edit: Roadbeef corrected me the white car had 550 hp not 590.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here's a picture of Adams Yellowbird with my R-GT2. My car is a GT2 Clubsport converted by Ruf with the 590bhp engine and some other bits including carbon bonnet and rear spoiler.

This was taken on Sunday at a Speed Event that we both entered, to measure speed over about 1.5 miles on a runway. Our two cars were 1st and 2nd.

The event was filmed for the UK TV programme Fifth Gear and Tiff Needel the ex-Top Gear Presenter did the filming.

Here's a couple of extra pics of these two cars.

Adams red RTurbo was also there and it came third.

Guy

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Very nice with the Ruf sticker on the CTR! Not subtle in a discrete place, excellent!

Ruf 1st, 2nd and 3rd! Wow, good work!

·
Registered
369 Posts
i love ruf cars... they are just unbelievable...

do you have any performance figures and speeds?
i never found any tests or reviews of 590hp rturbos.

how fast is it from 0 to 200 and 300 and what is its topspeed?

·
Registered
111 Posts
kensei said:
Great pictures. Do you know the date the episode of 5th gear aired with this event in it?
I've just been reading some threads on the pistonheads forums and apparently the episode will be shown on Monday April 11th at 8.30 (on channel 5)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ruf don't tend to release many performance figures for any of their cars.

I will be data-logging my car next time I run with my GPS data-logger, so will get some times.

My car is substantially lighter than a Turbo, being GT2 based and having some carbon panels, but suffers off the line from only having 2wd.

Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
RoadBeef said:
This Fifth Gear episode was filmed just this last weekend, so it will be used in their new season this year.

I'll keep an eye out for the schedule for you if you'd like, Kensei.
Oh, didn't know it was that recent. I remember seeing video of Adam on a runway with his CTR from a few years back. I figured it was that.

I look foward to seeing this on 5th gear.....thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Was this filmed on the Isle of Anglesey? With "six of the most desirable performance cars?"

Just looking at the Fifth Gear programing schedule on Speed Channel over here in the US and that is the description of the episode being aired on April 28, 2005 under the title "Ultimate Shootout."

Can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
369 Posts
GuyGT2 said:
Ruf don't tend to release many performance figures for any of their cars.

I will be data-logging my car next time I run with my GPS data-logger, so will get some times.

My car is substantially lighter than a Turbo, being GT2 based and having some carbon panels, but suffers off the line from only having 2wd.

Guy
guy, did you take times at the vmax event? i saw the pictures at 6speedonline.com and they are just stunning...

btw congrats to your victory... :byebye:

·
Registered
98 Posts
hobie2b said:
Was this filmed on the Isle of Anglesey? With "six of the most desirable performance cars?"

Just looking at the Fifth Gear programing schedule on Speed Channel over here in the US and that is the description of the episode being aired on April 28, 2005 under the title "Ultimate Shootout."

Can't wait to see it!

No, it was filmed at Bruntingthorpe airfield..............

1 - 20 of 37 Posts