BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been searching the web and haven't found any laptime numbers. I'm curious to know what standard, straight from the factory, Rufs can do around the Nurburgring Nordschleife (not with the GP circuit, just the Nordschleife).

Curious about the following models;

RGT
CTR
CTR2

If someone has times for both street and sport tires that is what I'd like to know.

Also, out of curiousity, what does a standard BMW M3 and M3 CSL with street and/or sport tires do around the Nordschleife.

Thanks.....

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
No ruf cars have ever been timed around the ring, but i would expect a MkI RGT to make a 7:50 a CTR possibly sub 8 and a CTR2 7:50 as well.

all the best
adam

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping you would reply Adam I'm the same person from the GTP message boards. I asked as a few of us are trying to see how close the Rufs in the game are to real life in performance terms. The numbers you gave me are fairly close to what we are getting in the game with certian tires.

Beyond that, I was just curious.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Adam said:
No ruf cars have ever been timed around the ring, but i would expect a MkI RGT to make a 7:50 a CTR possibly sub 8 and a CTR2 7:50 as well.

all the best
adam
Roser's time in a CTR2 is 8:15, but I'm sure they were under less than optimal driving conditions. 7:50 is a very fast time, and with AWD, I'm not sure the CTR2 could do it.

I don't think an RGT Mk. 1 would be faster than a Mk.2 GT3. CTR may possibly hit sub-8, but older chassis and suspension technology may get in the way.

If Ruf has an Achilles' heel, it's probably suspension development. Haven't heard too many great things about the Ruf PSS-9, for example.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Yeah i have done about 35 laps in the CTR around the ring and it is very hard to go quickly in it as the suspension on our car is very hard, and all the bumps really upset the balance of the car. Plus you have to be careful when using the power, one of the advantages of having the engine in the rear is that you can put the power down much earlier, certainly with the ctr you have to wait a long while,...unless you are mr stefan roser!

I hadnt heard about the 8:15 time in the ctr2, very interesting, it is only 5 seconds or so away from an e39 m5....

Hi Kensei!

Yes i recognised your name and thought you might have been the same chap from gtplanet, I am enjoying gt4 alot as well!

all the best
adam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts