BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, BMW have decided there are not enough versions of black in the range!

So in addition to Black II, Sapphire, Carbonblack, etc. they have added Ruby Black.

The colour has a very slight hint of Aubergine (purple) to it and doesn't look bad at all. The scanner doesn't do a good job but here it is nonetheless:

The colour code is S23.

p.s. I imagine it would go very well with interior colours like Champagne or Caramel.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Yes, BMW have decided there are not enough versions of black in the range!

So in addition to Black II, Sapphire, Carbonblack, etc. they have added Ruby Black.

The colour has a very slight hint of Aubergine (purple) to it and doesn't look bad at all. The scanner doesn't do a good job but here it is nonetheless:

The colour code is S23.

p.s. I imagine it would go very well with interior colours like Champagne or Caramel.
is this within the new BMW Individual line up? or could this possibly become one of the M5's standard colour.

as of now, i will most likely opt for Black Sapphire. but it'd be very nice to get something new and "slightly" different.
:haha:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Definitely Individual only I'm afraid.

There was some talk in Paris of BMW about expanding the standard M5 colour range, especially when the car is launched in North America. But don't expect colours like this to be on the stock palette - you'll be lucky to get Carbonblack as standard (even though it's already a standard colour on the 535d sport grrrrrrr ).

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Strange, when I go to this site I see Diamond Metaliic, Melachite dark green, Carbon Black, Blue Onyx, Sepia and Brass.

Tom

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bernhtp said:
Strange, when I go to this site I see Diamond Metaliic, Melachite dark green, Carbon Black, Blue Onyx, Sepia and Brass.

Tom
Try the 6 series not 5 series visualizer Tom.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts