BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mine's going in soon. But I cant figure out why this would be a SB, and they wouldn't have just fixed it on newer cars -- especially since it's been around for 2+ years. Frustrating!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
As mentioned, my car has 7,400 KM on it know and has run perfectly since I had them redo the 2,000 KM service and add the additive as per the service bulletin. Take it in and ask them about it!!

RW

·
Registered
286 Posts
i just wonder why this would be a SB and not a new build spec since it's been a well known problem for 2+ years.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yep. Same noise, hard right uphill into my steep driveway only -- regardless of component warmups. Identical noise with the stock diff and then with the Dinan higher ratio diff. I try and turn a bit less sharply, any such noise is unnerving, but i've been advised by many trusted sources that it is the diff lock system mixed in with DSC==engineered for road use and not parking maneuvers or driveways. I am not concerned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually, now that you mention the diff oil, it has been since I had my first service the sound has been there. Maybe not enough oil in diff???? That's what it sounds like...I will let you guys know. Thanks!!

RW
I took out the oil, (1.1L) and refill with new one( original from main dealer) but the sound is still on there .... I think I have to change the dif...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts