BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed 12mm H&R spacers front and back. Over inclined entrances or driveways it rubs in the front and especially in the rear. Also over bumps at 50+ it will rub in the rear. I am stock ride height and from my research on here I thought I was going to be fine with 12mm spacers all around..? I have 255 contisport 2's front and 285 Eagle F1's in the rear. I have some Eibach springs I was hoping to install but now I am not so sure.. Any ideas on why my car is rubbing and everyone else is fine with this setup?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Some tires are wider at stock specs than others. I have OEM width Michelin PSS's on the the rear of my car with 12mm spacers and it rubs on swales when I have people in the back. I'm stock ride height. I have PS2s on the front and no rubbing with 12mm spacers.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Did you get your car aligned properly? May need to add more negative camber.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Mismatched tires are no good by the way. Take care of that prior to any more suspension work.

I run oem wheels with PS2s 12mm hr spacers, and Eibach springs. I will rub very slightly in the front if I hit a huge dip.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I am just waiting for this set of tires to finish off them I will go with 4 PS2's all around. Alignment would probably help too..

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'd go with PSS's if I were you. Cheaper and a better tire by most accounts here on the board. Rubbing issues aside, of course.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Perhaps you could try getting your fenders rolled. I am not sure how much more room there is on the E60 though...

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Perhaps you could try getting your fenders rolled. I am not sure how much more room there is on the E60 though...
Fenders are already rolled coming out of the factory. Only thing to do is to start shaving off the fender. I had some rubbing in the rear when I got my 20" wheels, even with Hankook V12s, on my Dinan suspension. Had a body shop shave off some of the inside rear fenders and voila. No rubbing for over 2 years, and even with passengers in the rear and a full trunk.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Well the rubbing with 12mms and PSS's does not affect me enough to make me want to change anything. I really don't haul adults around in my backseat often enough for it to really bother me. You may have a different situation, though.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Some tires are wider at stock specs than others. I have OEM width Michelin PSS's on the the rear of my car with 12mm spacers and it rubs on swales when I have people in the back. I'm stock ride height. I have PS2s on the front and no rubbing with 12mm spacers.

I have the same problem. A slight rub in the rear with the same setup. I find if you put the EDC on the hardest setting, it won't rub.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm lowered on Eibachs and I only have the slightest rub in the back over a huge dip. I have Conti's on one set of wheels and Hankook v12 on the other at stock tire sizes. The Hankooks don't rub at all.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Tire rack has the tire specs so you can see what the width is with respect to the wheel size.

I ran 12's with OEM setup and PSS's and AS3's. Occasional rub on big bumps at speed. Moved EDC to middle setting and that made it go away other than big bumps and not often enough to care about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts