BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have 92 3.8 M5 with EDC suspension. My shocks are leaking and i am going to send them to sportline to get new seals etc. The problem is this:

The shock was so stuck in rear trailing arm that rubber bush in bottom of the shock get damaged. Is it possible to change or fix someway?? Is it possible to press bush off from shock and put another one in?? Or is it possible to make custom one by lathe from nylon or something?

I know that BMW wont sell that bush, but i think it is same in every BMW E34?? So is it possible to change bush from another shock to another??

Also i noticed that from rear left side there was broken coil spring. It has snapped it almost top of spring. Is this common with E34??

Also do someone has repairable rear EDC shocks in UK for sale?

Thanks

Eku

·
Registered
13 Posts
if you want to use the car this summer i suggest that you send them to sportsline SOON. I sent my front EDC´s there on december 1 and they still have them. I have sent tons of emails and sometimes it takes over a week to get a reply for a simple question. They have been ready for shipping for 3 weeks, but it seems to be very hard to send me an invoice so i feel i will be very lucky if i can get the car ready this summer.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have been calling Sportline and emailing them atleast 2 to 3 times per week since November 2010 to try to get info from them on doing my front EDC struts (have not sent them in yet) and I have not gotten a single response from an email or a return call. They seem to be a very shady operation or they do not want this type of business one of the two. I wish there was another company that would do this. Have now resigned myself to the fact that I will just have to buy new from the dealer. Now to start saving....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts