BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i would like to say i have no affiliation with RPI, However i would love to have them send me a set after this free advertisement:haha2:. Well i was a bit skeptical about the scoops and i searched till i couldnt see anymore on this board for the answer i was looking for and couldnt find it. What i wanted to know was how those power gains would translate on the street. Well this past sunday me and 2 other M5board members went for a long fast, and fun ride. We tried all day to get a run in but we always got cut short. BTW this member has the exact same mods as me except he has the RPI scoops and i do not. Long story short we finally got a nice clean stretch of road we could let the beasts run free. We started at about a 10mph roll in first. We were dead even until about mid 3rd gear where he started to pull, it was almost like he just hit the power button and started to pull. It wasnt a crazy walk away but i definetely saw him start to pull away. As we went into 4th his drivers door was about even with my front bumper. unfortunatey we got cut short once again by a car but the answer was clear. We ran it once more after and the and the outcome was identical. My observations were that if we would have ran it to say maybe 6th at the rate he was pulling it would have easily been a 1-1 and a 1/2 car lead. Bottomline they work and are good for at least a car length, for the money it cant be beat!

·
Registered
214 Posts
They actually make a BIG difference at top end...and we just proved that...it was perfect line up so no jumping difference...GREAT mod for the price, Kudos to RPI... :M5launch:

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
They actually make a BIG difference at top end...and we just proved that...it was perfect line up so no jumping difference...GREAT mod for the price, Kudos to RPI... :M5launch:
It has a lot to do with our testing procedures. The way we tested the scoops gave us a disadvantage (numbers wise). Dynoing the car cold for a baseline, installing the scoops, then dynoing the scoops with heat soak and the hood closed gave us a very conservative number. 10-15whp for the m5 w/ heat soak and just a fan............The quality and volume of air when you guys are driving 60mph + will add to the performance significantly. :cheers:

Hey, you Miama/FL guys are catching up to the NY guys for most scoops we have shipped to a single state.;) I guess you FL guys like to ram it in just as much as your northeast counterpart. lol

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
First off i would like to say i have no affiliation with RPI, However i would love to have them send me a set after this free advertisement:haha2:. Well i was a bit skeptical about the scoops and i searched till i couldnt see anymore on this board for the answer i was looking for and couldnt find it. What i wanted to know was how those power gains would translate on the street. Well this past sunday me and 2 other M5board members went for a long fast, and fun ride. We tried all day to get a run in but we always got cut short. BTW this member has the exact same mods as me except he has the RPI scoops and i do not. Long story short we finally got a nice clean stretch of road we could let the beasts run free. We started at about a 10mph roll in first. We were dead even until about mid 3rd gear where he started to pull, it was almost like he just hit the power button and started to pull. It wasnt a crazy walk away but i definetely saw him start to pull away. As we went into 4th his drivers door was about even with my front bumper. unfortunatey we got cut short once again by a car but the answer was clear. We ran it once more after and the and the outcome was identical. My observations were that if we would have ran it to say maybe 6th at the rate he was pulling it would have easily been a 1-1 and a 1/2 car lead. Bottomline they work and are good for at least a car length, for the money it cant be beat!
DUDE!:dunno:

There is 20+ pages of testimonies as well as a ton of crap (I mean, truly crap!) on the RPI Scoops thread.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105380. You didn't want to trust any of those guys?:haha:

Welcome to our fraternity within the fraternity. Now cough up some dough and order those suckers. AND, you must read all 20 pages of the owners manual to appreciate the true benefits and wonders of the scoops.:applause: It goes well beyond the ability to simply gain on another vehicle at high end speeds. Trust me, read the thread!:M5thumbs:

Good luck and :cheers:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DUDE!:dunno:

There is 20+ pages of testimonies as well as a ton of crap (I mean, truly crap!) on the RPI Scoops thread.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105380. You didn't want to trust any of those guys?:haha:

Welcome to our fraternity within the fraternity. Now cough up some dough and order those suckers. AND, you must read all 20 pages of the owners manual to appreciate the true benefits and wonders of the scoops.:applause: It goes well beyond the ability to simply gain on another vehicle at high end speeds. Trust me, read the thread!:M5thumbs:

Good luck and :cheers:
guys I was just kidding about the free scoops! Thats why I put a smiley at the end of it. And in response to you m5baller, I have read all the threads with Rpi I just wanted to share my experience to the potential buyers on the board not to hesitate. All I was trying to say is just how much these scoops help in a good ole fashioned drag race. Btw alot of us forget there is alot of people lurking on this board who have not signed up to post, or simply do not post for fear of being flamed. I thank you guys for your responses however I'm sure that this very moment someone was wondering how these scoops would help them out in a situation just like this one.

·
2,432 Posts
guys I was just kidding about the free scoops! Thats why I put a smiley at the end of it. And in response to you m5baller, I have read all the threads with Rpi I just wanted to share my experience to the potential buyers on the board not to hesitate. All I was trying to say is just how much these scoops help in a good ole fashioned drag race. Btw alot of us forget there is alot of people lurking on this board who have not signed up to post, or simply do not post for fear of being flamed. I thank you guys for your responses however I'm sure that this very moment someone was wondering how these scoops would help them out in a situation just like this one.
I agree with you and thanks for posting. On the other note........E60 scoops and filters are on a slight back order. We busted butt in January and made over 100 sets but they are all gone. :( I'll be finishing up the Z4M scoops today so the M5 ones will get some love again.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
simple...yes, top end mod and they will work even better with the correct exhaust system.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Get those Florida guys to buy um up and you should get a free set.:1: Eloy, are you listening! I am the self appointed PR guy for the RPI scoops!ouich

I think you know I was having fun with you!lovelove I have been singing the praises of this concept since day one. I along with ///Marshall were the first two guys beyond the R&D car to get these and we noticed instant gains and later additional gains after ecu adaptation. I was just reading the "Inside Track" for March, you know, the little glossy that comes with our payment coupon (if you financed through BMW) and the cover story is the '08 M3 states "intelligently placed air vents and intakes" help to achieve 414hp. Not that the M5 was not intelligently designed. RPI just used a little MORE intelligence. I am not sure WHO at RPI, but, that doesn't matter anymore.

Your post is helpful, it reaffirms the scoop product that after 20 + pages can get a little unwielding to read. See, another reason to request a complimentary subscription to RPI magazine!:dunno:
cherrsagai

Flaming should be banned unless it is in fun!!

·
2,432 Posts
Get those Florida guys to buy um up and you should get a free set.:1: Eloy, are you listening! I am the self appointed PR guy for the RPI scoops!ouich

I think you know I was having fun with you!lovelove I have been singing the praises of this concept since day one. I along with ///Marshall were the first two guys beyond the R&D car to get these and we noticed instant gains and later additional gains after ecu adaptation. I was just reading the "Inside Track" for March, you know, the little glossy that comes with our payment coupon (if you financed through BMW) and the cover story is the '08 M3 states "intelligently placed air vents and intakes" help to achieve 414hp. Not that the M5 was not intelligently designed. RPI just used a little MORE intelligence. I am not sure WHO at RPI, but, that doesn't matter anymore.

Your post is helpful, it reaffirms the scoop product that after 20 + pages can get a little unwielding to read. See, another reason to request a complimentary subscription to RPI magazine!:dunno:
cherrsagai

Flaming should be banned unless it is in fun!!
Its funny because, there are still people that call BS on the scoops. They usually end up buying and keeping them anyways. lol.

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
RPI -
What's this about a backorder?!? I ordered my scoops / filters package a week ago. Any thoughts on when the M5 kits will be shipping out again?

There was no indication on the website when I bought the kit about the backorder, and I haven't heard anything since. No big deal, but more communication always makes for better customer relations. I've been like a kid at Christmas waiting for it...

·
Registered
214 Posts
I still cant believe that there are forums members that do not know about these scoops and the ones that know it that do not have them installed...price? "sheep" , mechanically challenged? 6 screws (even though the front grills are a bit on the moderate side) , warranty issues? NONE AT ALL (trust me they replaced my valve cover gaskets and not for one second asked what tha hell are those red things in the front) , what is it?!

Bottom line GET THE RPI SCOOPS!!! and you will get this ... :M5launch:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts