BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on ordering these, but do you think it's worth it to get the BMC air filters as well? or should I just stick with stock?

·
Registered
814 Posts
search

if I were you I would do a search on this topic.... this has been discussed at length..... but personally I would do the scoop and the filter at the same time to get the maximum result... and from what I hear they work pretty well.. I haven't had the chance to put mine on yet.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
+1, get the filters as well.

Reactions: BD 997

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Get the filters. I think the easier breathing filters add to the "ram air" effect than the thicker paper ones.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Those two mods live off each other.

Reactions: unfoundhorsepower

·
Registered
145 Posts
Get the filters as well. I had K&N drop in filters and switched to BMC. They have much more filter space and less rubber which will obviously get better flow. They are the best high flow filters out there right now. You will like the scoops great investment. The only problem is you will get the exhaust bug right after if you don't have an aftermarket exhaust already.

GREATM5DANE

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone, I just ordered the whole kit, can't wait!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Good man, you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've got a question about these scoops too. Do they make them without the RPI logo on the fronts?

I'm all for a company branding their products, but it'd be nice if the logo was on the back of the scoop, so it's not just blaring at you through the front grill.

So, anyone know if they sell them without the logo? Otherwise, it's time to break out the trusty paint!

-F

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just had my scoops installed, and I am very pleased. Although I am a fan of RPI, I did not feel the need to do any advertising for them. Sorry Eloy. Fortunately, RPI was kind enough to apply the logos using an easy to remove adhesive, so I was able to peel them off in about a minute. That is an easy issue to solve.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just had my scoops installed, and I am very pleased. Although I am a fan of RPI, I did not feel the need to do any advertising for them. Sorry Eloy. Fortunately, RPI was kind enough to apply the logos using an easy to remove adhesive, so I was able to peel them off in about a minute. That is an easy issue to solve.
Thats good to know.

How did the butt dyno react to this mod vs. some of your other ones, like pulleys for example.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The butt dyno does seem to feel it pulling faster on the interstate. I don't seem to notice a difference until I get to at least 40 - 50 mph, but after that it does seem to pull harder. For the relatively low cost, I think this is a no-brainer mod.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I've got a question about these scoops too. Do they make them without the RPI logo on the fronts?

I'm all for a company branding their products, but it'd be nice if the logo was on the back of the scoop, so it's not just blaring at you through the front grill.

So, anyone know if they sell them without the logo? Otherwise, it's time to break out the trusty paint!

-F
You could use a permanent marker to dull the branding or a can of spray paint to cover it. Member Wolverine did the latter.

·
Registered
814 Posts
hmmm

RPI kept saying its the easiest thing in the world to install the scoop and filters.... so is it really just that easy???? seriously...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

-F
I just used a heat gun to remove them quickly.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
the logo is barely noticeable unless you are staring straight through the grills!!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
RPI kept saying its the easiest thing in the world to install the scoop and filters.... so is it really just that easy???? seriously...
Filters, piece of cake. CF, a little more time consuming if you want them to be in one piece after removel. Scoops, just three screws per side and some aligning. The toughest part is the removal of the kidney grills. Some pain tolerance and tough mechanic skin on the top of your hands may be neccesary, but only on one side. Once you get one side out, you can just reach through the kidney hole to remove the other one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts