Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

Reactions: Carl Lassiter

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
No offence, but why wouldnt you black out the scoops...lettering looks chincy too me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just installed my scoops, and blacked out the logos. I'm sure RPI wouldn't mind free advertising, but I didn't want to alter the car's front face.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
The reality is that unless you are kneeling in front of the car at the right angle, you really can't see the RPI lettering.

·
Registered
145 Posts
They look great. Car looks clean. I just installed mine too and left the rpi logos on. Being in such a hidden place I don't think anyone would even notice. I just drove at speed with them for the first time and it felt great. Little better throttle response and with the BMC filter the intake growl has increased slightly. I got to admit I have the bug now for dinan exhaust to help her breath even better.

GREATM5DANE

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think he means 'chintzy' as in cheap, generic, devoid of value, etc.

·
Registered
58 Posts
personally I like the lettering, it scares others, they think you've got something BIG under the hood.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Very Nice Doc.
Mine looks exacly like that. I considered reinstaling the driver's side to move it in more so that its more symmetrical. But I don't think its very noticeable and probably not worth the hassle.
For those who havent installed theirs yet, I would do the passenger side first. There's very little adjustment possible on the passenger side. Then place the driver's side to match the passenger side.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I blacked out the logos - just a personal preference on all my aftermarket parts. You really can't see the scoops unless you look hard.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I like the look of the logo...

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
can you define "chincy"?
:eek::biggrinbounce::biggrinbounce::biggrinbounce::biggrinbounce:
Chincy could be defined as say, the Pope wearing 12 lbs of gold chains around his neck, exposed, and fancy cowboy boots also.....all with his Popeish garb on !!!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
I blacked out the logos - just a personal preference on all my aftermarket parts. You really can't see the scoops unless you look hard.
How did you do this?

I agree with UFH and I too shall black out the lettering too if I ever get round to ordering the black ones.

Have decided to pay RPI a visit for CF removal after my 15 service (done nearly 8k now). I may get matte black kidney grills installed but need exact advice where to get them from. A search showed that my first choice of ----------- may not be such a good idea...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sweet! I like how it looks.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
How did you do this?

I agree with UFH and I too shall black out the lettering too if I ever get round to ordering the black ones.

Have decided to pay RPI a visit for CF removal after my 15 service (done nearly 8k now). I may get matte black kidney grills installed but need exact advice where to get them from. A search showed that my first choice of ----------- may not be such a good idea...
I got mine from Turner MOtorsports. Good quality and it came really fast. Only $99.00.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
How did you do this?

I just used a can of black enamel spray paint. I'm not too concerned with how the scoops look, since I'm trying to hide them. Since I have the luxury of driving my own as opposed to a sponsored car, I am not committed to advertizing my suppliers. I ditch the logos and go with the cleaner look. :blink:

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
How did you do this?

You really haven't pulled the CFs yet? Do we have to ask Gustav to revoke your membership? Do yourself a favor and pull the CFs and get the BMCs and scoops. You will be so pissed that you waited this long. I am sure Eloy can leave the logo off on request.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts