BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

There are two graphs here obviously. The only difference between the two is the blue line has V4 scoops (yes, sorry, I tweaked it) and a new tune by Bill and Jeremy at Powerchip. These guys are real troopersas they had to deal with my demands....hehe. There were a few runs where the second run showed a loss, then Jeremy said, "maybe we should open the hood and let it cool down some." I said, "no way, this is how we did all the other runs. This is the RPi method." He mentioned how some other shops dynod but I could care less how others do it. In this case, Im stubborn. This was all done with the stock airbox! :)

This is the first tune we will guarantee hp with. The tune with out headers is $1190 and the tune with headers is $1490.

We will offer the tune for $1099 for the first 10 people on this list.

·
Registered
924 Posts
holy geez... M5baller... I think you need this! Eloy, put him on for this! even if he declines

·
Registered
3,967 Posts

This is the first tune we will guarantee hp with. The tune with out headers is $1190 and the tune with headers is $1490.

1. m5baller
2. Danny0h
3. ///Marshall
4. keang24

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

1. m5baller
2. Danny0h
3. ///Marshall
4. keang24
5. Bodaddy

Damnit Eloy, your making it impossible to save any money.

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

1. m5baller
2. Danny0h
3. ///Marshall
4. keang24
5. Bodaddy

Damnit Eloy, your making it impossible to save any money.
I AM saving you money. lol. By not spending money on stuff that doesnt make power. You should know first hand bo. lol. We had the sec 2 and 1 on your car and it didnt like it so we left sec 1. I couldnt have given you the universal excuses like "you need more airflow" or "you need more back pressure." The bottom line is we want our customers to have faster cars......Hows the wedding planning going? I think Kenny said he wanted to sing for you guys at your wedding. Something about some Thai pop music?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hey E., the figures are impressive. What is the net gains from only the ECU upgrades? Does the group buy of $1099 include the headers tune as well? As you know I have the AA Software, would I need to flash it before sending it to you?

I agree with Bodaddy, you're killing us with your new products. We are barely saving any money:greed:. But you know how we are, once we're bitten by the mod bug there is no stopping us:p.

Congrats on another great product:applause:.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts

1. m5baller
2. Danny0h
3. ///Marshall
4. keang24
5. Bodaddy
6. DOUL
I've signed up for the group buy although I'm awaiting for your feedback Eloy. I'm sure without any doubt that this will be another great product. It's better be safe than sorry:hihihi:. I just don't want to miss out on another promising opportunity.hiha

·
Registered
924 Posts
I was kidding about M5baller... He doesnt have the money to spend on mods... he has to put his kids through college!

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again, the only difference between the two dyno sessions is that I changed the scoop and the tune. With more air, we are able to push the limits. Some of you know we use the Patterson 12kcfm fan. During tuning and our quest to hit the 440whp on our dyno, we added two small house fans to blow at the larger air scoops. Without a tune change we netted another 3whp! This kills any doubt about the limits of the scoops or stock air box. At 443whp, we were really at the limits and if we had our SV1 oil cooler on the car, we would have hit 450whp. The car was simply getting too hot. Those of you who have other tunes can get the new one also. There is no price difference. The only difference is now, you are going to power. I strongly encourage those who are interested in this tune to have the STOCK airbox and atleast our scoops. The car ran hot with the new tune and you DONT want to be sucking in hot air. Those of you who have headers, the price is a little higher. Intro price for stage 2 for headers is $1399.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I AM saving you money. lol. By not spending money on stuff that doesnt make power. You should know first hand bo. lol. We had the sec 2 and 1 on your car and it didnt like it so we left sec 1. I couldnt have given you the universal excuses like "you need more airflow" or "you need more back pressure." The bottom line is we want our customers to have faster cars......Hows the wedding planning going? I think Kenny said he wanted to sing for you guys at your wedding. Something about some Thai pop music?
I know Eloy. And I do really appreciate the exhaust thing. Truly a class act. :thumbsup: I knew there was a reason I hadnt gotten an ECU tune, now I can get one locally from someone I can trust. I'm like Ricky Bobby (not the whole white hick thing), but I wanna go fast.

The wedding planning is going fantastic. We got a wedding planner so she does all the work. Sorry Kenny we already have a band, but maybe the engagement party! :haha:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Eloy,

Can't wait to get the Exhaust. So, about the chip, without any mods but the RPI scoops, the stock air box and stage I exhaust are those the dyno #'s I can expect? If so sign me up, my only question, (sorry if it's a dumb one) but do I have to send you my chip and would there be any negatives from BMW as to warranty? How long is the whole turn around process? TIA. Keep up the good work.

Doug

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
JDD-M5, you will be needing to remove the ECU and then send it to RPI. Here's the removal instructions:<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
</TD><TD>ECU Removal.pdf (208.7 KB, 43 views)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It takes around 30min to remove the ECU. It is easy and straight forward. I've tried it myself. You just need to follow the steps. PM in case you have any inquiries.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
1. m5baller
2. Danny0h
3. ///Marshall
4. keang24
5. Bodaddy
6. EM_5

A few question to clarify, Eloy:
1. The baseline was about 423, and after your tweak with the scoops and just software alone, you gained 20 additional whp?
2. What were the mods on the test mule?
3. Please elaborate on the second-run hp loss.
4. What kind of gains can a car without headers expect? with header? ballpark fig is ok.
5. Does this tune incl any RPM limiter raising? Top Speed Delimiter?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
1. m5baller
2. Danny0h
3. ///Marshall
4. keang24
5. Bodaddy
6. EM_5

A few question to clarify, Eloy:
1. The baseline was about 423, and after your tweak with the scoops and just software alone, you gained 20 additional whp?
2. What were the mods on the test mule?
3. Please elaborate on the second-run hp loss.
4. What kind of gains can a car without headers expect? with header? ballpark fig is ok.
5. Does this tune incl any RPM limiter raising? Top Speed Delimiter?

Thanks!
:eek:h: EM_5, where did my name go?:crying::bawling:

1 - 20 of 121 Posts