BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 269 Posts

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thermal efficiency is relative to ambient temps. With the better TE, it will maintain temps closer to what ambient is compared to the stock cooler

Is is design or size that makes your TE better?

Cant spray the M logo on our products as we do not have the license for that

Wimps!
Both size and internal design will effect how efficient it is. We wanted to offer better cooling but maintain the same pressure drop as the stock cooler.

Andrew, you know me better than that. Some things we just do it by the book. Plus, its not everything that is going to have our name on it. Be proud my friend! :cheers:

·
Registered
531 Posts
my car also runs very hot at the track. I have actually gotten the warning light on too

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Thermal efficiency is relative to ambient temps. With the better TE, it will maintain temps closer to what ambient is compared to the stock cooler.

Group buy starts now. The factory we are working with also is a contractor for the military so there is a slight delay due to the fact that uncle Sam just ordered a bunch of oil coolers for new tanks. Im planning on shipping the first 15 oil coolers in a few weeks.

I am guessing an install time of 2-3 hours. The bumper will have to come out. I will be doing an install on a car soon and will take pictures for instructions to be posted on our forum. Install should be simple and there is nothing really complicated about it. The bumper is probably the part that will annoy you (there are a lot of screws, nuts, bolts to take apart for the front bumper).

oil cooler vs. diff cooler = different. Tony, think about stuff that matters. :blabla:

Cant spray the M logo on our products as we do not have the license for that.
LOL! Hey, it's dumb guys like me with stupid questions that make guys like you seem knowledgeable. Show some appreciation. :cheers:eek:uich

How about you spray he OIL cooler with my M5board handle in the ///M colors EuroCarFan? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Hey E, will this be available for the e39 M5's aswell? there have been some discussions before about this and i'm sure there will be interest on the e39 community if it is available...

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
OK.
Group Buy List:

1. AndrewSherman
2. r tuned
<!-- / message -->3. mishkinm5

Eloy how many do we need to qualify?

Where mis everyone else? Rab Dog, Kenny, Euro, Rich?

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
We are local, no need to sign up:hihi:

OK.
Group Buy List:

1. AndrewSherman
2. r tuned
<!-- / message -->3. mishkinm5
4. Keang24
5. Rabdog
6. EuroCarFan, Tony?
7. m6ontheway, Rich?

Eloy how many do we need to qualify?

Where mis everyone else? Rab Dog, Kenny, Euro, Rich?
Andrew, happy now:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Pully's after-market intake and exhausts will all contribute to the Beast getting HOT! My car temp has gone up to 250-275F at the Track, Canyon Run and on the way to Mfest last weekend! Too much heat=less power! This cooler will help everybody who likes to enjoy the beast and run there cars hard!

I know both Kenny and I will have this on our cars soon! :7:
You 2 need to get a room!:hihi:
:cheers:

Good point though!:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Hey Kenny, no custom orders -- other than mine! Just bring some red paint to Baller in the old age ghome and he and his other toothless friends can re-paint it after thier jello break.

On a serious note, other questions:
  • Is the oil coooler larger than the stock unit?
  • Does it increase the oil capacity of the car?
  • How does it attain the 30 greater cooling efficiency?
Gentlemen,

I just spoke to Eloy. He agreed to paint a picture of me in a wet RPI T-shirt on the cooler (See original scoops thread for example)! This will take care of our your needs, and of course as you approach the front of the car, your fantasies! I don't mind acting like a center fold for you guys.:hihi:

Plus, you'll get more attention from other drivers!:blink:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Count me in!

Count me in the group buy as well.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts

Gentlemen,

I just spoke to Eloy. He agreed to paint a picture of me in a wet RPI T-shirt on the cooler (See original scoops thread for example)! This will take care of our your needs, and of course as you approach the front of the car, your fantasies! I don't mind acting like a center fold for you guys.:hihi:

Plus, you'll get more attention from other drivers!:blink:

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
21 - 40 of 269 Posts