BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How will that help us Eloy?
Many of the guys who track their cars or drive in hotter areas have issues with the engine running hotter than normal. The upgraded cooler will help keep temperatures down, maximizing power.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Is there any point if you dont track the car? My car runs a bit warmer due to pulleys, not sure if that justifies me spending that money or just saving it for RPI headers!!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Is there any point if you dont track the car? My car runs a bit warmer due to pulleys, not sure if that justifies me spending that money or just saving it for RPI headers!!
I think in any situations, running cooler translates to more power or at least the beast will run more efficient than hot.

30% more efficiency, Would that be fair to translate to temp less than 210F mark mostly? Since our car running north of 210 mark with pulley on normal condition.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Pully's after-market intake and exhausts will all contribute to the Beast getting HOT! My car temp has gone up to 250-275F at the Track, Canyon Run and on the way to Mfest last weekend! Too much heat=less power! This cooler will help everybody who likes to enjoy the beast and run there cars hard!

I know both Kenny and I will have this on our cars soon! :7:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
It'd be great to see a picture of this on our cars.
I guess this will just prolong the highest level of performance of our cars during days when we really get after it, or when it's hot out. Helping the car to maintain a lower temp.?

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Eloy, when is the group buy going to start. I am interested.

How big of a job is it to do the install:
  • Can the cooler be changed out without draining all the oil?
  • How much time (labor hours) would you anticipate?
  • Is it a relatively straigh forward as it seems? I have a local tuner shop that mostly works on turbocharging mustangs. Would you think this is something they should be able to handle or do I need to go to a very high end shop.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I'm interested as well.

Just looking for more reasons to add stuff to my car I guess...hahaha

Hey Eloy, what's the difference between this and a differential oil cooler?

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I also wouldn't mind the ///M5 logo sparayed in place of RPI. Not try to dis you Eloy, I just think it would look great.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Hey Kenny, no custom orders -- other than mine! Just bring some red paint to Baller in the old age ghome and he and his other toothless friends can re-paint it after thier jello break.

On a serious note, other questions:
  • Is the oil coooler larger than the stock unit?
  • Does it increase the oil capacity of the car?
  • How does it attain the 30 greater cooling efficiency?

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thermal efficiency is relative to ambient temps. With the better TE, it will maintain temps closer to what ambient is compared to the stock cooler.

Group buy starts now. The factory we are working with also is a contractor for the military so there is a slight delay due to the fact that uncle Sam just ordered a bunch of oil coolers for new tanks. Im planning on shipping the first 15 oil coolers in a few weeks.

I am guessing an install time of 2-3 hours. The bumper will have to come out. I will be doing an install on a car soon and will take pictures for instructions to be posted on our forum. Install should be simple and there is nothing really complicated about it. The bumper is probably the part that will annoy you (there are a lot of screws, nuts, bolts to take apart for the front bumper).

oil cooler vs. diff cooler = different. Tony, think about stuff that matters. :blabla:

Cant spray the M logo on our products as we do not have the license for that.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Group Buy List:

1. AndrewSherman

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Thermal efficiency is relative to ambient temps. With the better TE, it will maintain temps closer to what ambient is compared to the stock cooler

Is is design or size that makes your TE better?

Cant spray the M logo on our products as we do not have the license for that

Wimps!

1 - 20 of 269 Posts