BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've seen it on Facebook, but couldn't find anything here about it. I know the guys from RPI are too modest to come on here unsolicited and brag about their accomplishments, so I'll give them the props they deserve.

The RPI M3 beat ALL STREET CARS at the race track and finished behind only 2 forced induction M3's with total combined horsepower over 1600hp! One of these was a hpf e46 m3 and I believe they only lost by .1 seconds per lap to that car.

The mods on the M3 were ONLY: rpi scoops, bmc filters, tune and exhaust (I believe -- someone correct me if I'm wrong)

With just those mods, they were obliterating the supercharged M3's

Basically, all I'm saying is Congrats to the guys at RPI. We're blessed as a forum to have such a great tuner out there for us who we know makes power and are great guys to boot.

·
Registered
177 Posts
RPi N/A E92 M3 lost by .01 (2.02) to HPF E46 M3 (2.01). First place was either BERK 135i or AE Performance Gintani SC M3 (1.58) in Tuner Challenge. The Tuner Challenge started at either 11 or 11:30am. You may see some time slips floating around that the Challenge started at 12pm, it DID NOT.

In addition to the mods that G ///McGregor posted, the car had KW coilovers and StopTech BBK.

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
3,395 Posts
Thanks guys. :)

What we really wanted to do is to show how basic but well designed mods that work together can push your total performance envelope up into the realm of the mega-dollar supercharged gutted track-only trailer queens. Furthermore, it can do that while keeping your reliability up, so that you can run the track for the entire day instead of just a few laps.

This E92 M3 only had:

RPi GTM Race Exhaust
RPi Ram Air Induction Kit including BMC Filters
ESS Tune
KW Coilover Suspension
StopTech BBK
BBS FI Wheels with Pirelli Corsa System Tires

·
In Memoriam
2,400 Posts
Thanks guys. :)

What we really wanted to do is to show how basic but well designed mods that work together can push your total performance envelope up into the realm of the mega-dollar supercharged gutted track-only trailer queens. Furthermore, it can do that while keeping your reliability up, so that you can run the track for the entire day instead of just a few laps.

This E92 M3 only had:

RPi GTM Race Exhaust
RPi Ram Air Induction Kit including BMC Filters
ESS Tune
KW Coilover Suspension
StopTech BBK
BBS FI Wheels with Pirelli Corsa System Tires

Hip Hip Hurray !!!

Tell me about it Gabe. From personal experience :

There is not a single M6 or M5 in Northern Greece that can even stand by my car. Rolling from 50-150 mph, minimum 5-6 car lengths,

maximum 10-12.

RPI rules. ESS is a very-very close second.:goldcup:

George

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
3,395 Posts
Results from the Mfest V Tuner Challenge:

Only 4 cars, when there was about 3x that amount actually running in the Tuner Challenge? Yeah, none of the other sponsors opted to run with the provided timing devices. A quote from the one of the folks running the track event: "Yeah, there were about 10 out there but as someone pointed out, a lot of the sponsor cars didn't want to run transponders because they didn't want to risk getting shown up." We'd prefer to say that they merely forgot to put them in their cars.

The top car was Paul Walker's supercharged Time Attack M3 driven by Jeff Westphal of Jeff Westphal Racing to a time of 1:58.038. This "stripped to the bone" vehicle featured Status Racing shells, custom Gintani supercharger, Öhlins TTX Motorsport dampers, Brembo GTR monoblocks 6 pot front & 4 pot rear brakes, APR front splitter & APR spoiler, full structural roll cage, Volk Te-37 wheels, Hankook track tires, and weighs in at an estimated 3350 lbs wet.

3.124 seconds behind that vehicle (2.6% slower) is the 902.21 RWHP HorsePowerFreaks M3 driven by HPF owner Chris Bergemann. This stripped, widened, caged vehicle puts out an incredible 921.21 RWHP and 679.68 lb/ft of torque to the rear wheels... 13" wide rear wheels with 345mm rubber!

1.46 seconds behind the HPF vehicle (1.2% slower) is the RacePrecision fully street (no interior changes at all) M3 featuring our 3 low cost power mods, coilovers, brakes, and a nice wheel/tire combo. It was driven by none other than the M5 Board's very own Khalid! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts