BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I guess enough emails in my inbox bugging me about the custom set of mufflers we made for KSA got to me. We will now offer a limited edition GTCustom exhaust for those who want the GT power but with less sound. This system is by no means mouse fart quiet though.

*please note that our car in the video has our headers*

This will be a limited edition run and we will have a $500 deposit to make them. The GTC sec 3 will be custom hand crafted, tig welded, etc. If you want, I can make an imprint of my big toe on the muffler (at an extra cost). Total cost of this sec 3 is $2700.

Specs:
- RPi straight "V" design ensures quickest exit path for the exhaust flow
- T304
- Hand rolled muffler
- Tig welded
- GTC tips will extend 1" further than GT, GTS or ST
- 20%+ reduction in sound over GT, GTS and ST
- Same power as GT and GTS

Production time is about 4 weeks...........NO it WONT be months! :p

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Imprint of Eloy's big toe might be worth the price of admission alone to some people. LOL!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Fack I wish I still had my M5 .... another great addition to the RPi line! Awesome E, i'm sure these will sell out quickly

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Just wondering why you'd choose T304 over T316 or T316L? apart from cost that is, is it just avalibiliy? The higher grades have a higher resistance to acids and salts found in exhaust fumes and used on roads (specially in europe where most countries salt the roads every year).

Just thinking of flex the crdit card, how much for sections 1,2 and 3?

Cheers

Jay

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do you have pricing for the complete GTC exhaust (GTS section 1, 2, and the GTC section 3)? I'm torn between this and the GTS system. The video you had in another post was good; however, had headers so pretty tough to really hear what it would sound like. I like how it sounded at idle, so may be leaning towards the GTS system. But would be interested in knowing a little more info on the sound without headers and the difference in price. Thanks.

·
3,394 Posts
Just wondering why you'd choose T304 over T316 or T316L? apart from cost that is, is it just avalibiliy? The higher grades have a higher resistance to acids and salts found in exhaust fumes and used on roads (specially in europe where most countries salt the roads every year).

Cheers

Jay

Marine grade steel generally doesn't make sense for automotive applications, and especially applications that are relatively low heat (ie. normally aspirated). The (substantial) extra money would simply be wasted over T304, which we already offer a lifetime warranty for.

In general, the most commonly used are, from cheapest to most expensive:

Aluminized mild steel
T409 (most modern OE applications)
T304
T316/T316L

In high pressure + VERY high corrosion (salt & acid) + high temperature (near a turbocharger) applications, T316/T316L definitely makes more sense. Marine diesel based applications use a lot of T316/T316L because of this.

In normally aspirated vehicles, even in extremely high salt areas (ie. New England, Wisconsin, etc), T304 will easily outlast your vehicle.

We're putting together pricing on the full (sec 1 + 2 + 3) exhaust pricing, and should have that very soon.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Damn, $1,300 for strictly just noise reduction?

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Cheers

Jay
Most of it is availability and yes cost does come into factor. Remember, we have a limited lifetime warranty on all our systems so if the exhaust ever defects from such things as salt, etc, we will cover it. From our experience over the last 13 years, road salt and acid from water and liquids you might normally encounter from everyday driving has never effected our exhaust.

The pricing for the full GTC system will be set at $3750.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Yeah but you could easly pick up fines to more thsn those costs especially if they crush your car like they can in the UK! Also your own sanity and your neighbours I believe is worth it!

Personally I'd go for near stock sound levels may be with tiny touch of added base and have just the power increase, weight saving and looks if I had a choice. I hate upsetting my friends and neighbours and as tooling around in an M5 and look a pratt for me I will give a loud exhaust and base ball caps a miss but I realise its each to there own.

Jay

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks for the info Eloy. That's about what I was figuring. Think I'll look more at the GTS system. I just ordered the scoops/filter's/blockoff plates about a month ago and installed. Can you PM me a (very good) price for the GTS system for my '07 M5 and a pulley? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Thanks Eloy,

I've had a RPI system so will openly vouch for the high quality in manufacture and materials and engineering etc, it was just an 'out loud' though more than anything else with my question. I do want the section 3 to stay nice and sparkerly but guess now living in Australia it will not be the problem if I were still in Europe.

Is the GTC with or with out cats and what difference is there in price? I might go for both section 1's so I can tune it quickly for sound volume/note without having to reorder parts. I'll have a think.

Jay

·
Registered
118 Posts
Still no pricing for the full GTC system?

·
Registered
231 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Excellent. Guess I missed it in the post. Thanks for the info.

Mickey

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the info Eloy. That's about what I was figuring. Think I'll look more at the GTS system. I just ordered the scoops/filter's/blockoff plates about a month ago and installed. Can you PM me a (very good) price for the GTS system for my '07 M5 and a pulley? Thanks.
The GTS system is $2995. The only time the price is different is during our sale :( We try to keep strict pricing so that its fair for everyone. I hope you understand.

Thanks Eloy,

I've had a RPI system so will openly vouch for the high quality in manufacture and materials and engineering etc, it was just an 'out loud' though more than anything else with my question. I do want the section 3 to stay nice and sparkerly but guess now living in Australia it will not be the problem if I were still in Europe.

Is the GTC with or with out cats and what difference is there in price? I might go for both section 1's so I can tune it quickly for sound volume/note without having to reorder parts. I'll have a think.

Jay
THe GTC will come with our GTS front pipes which do not have cats.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Are you ever going to do a GB on the oil cooler?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts