BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Houston area have an RPI GTS system on an E60 M5 (mine is an '07)? Getting springs, pulley, and tune done 4/18 and would like to get the exhaust done at the same time. Seems as though everyone with this is pretty happy with the exhaust as well as RPI. But would like to hear it before I fork over 3K and end up not liking it. I'm outta the house at 5:15AM to head to work so don't want something that will irritate my neighbors more that I already do. Saw the note about C&C tomorrow. Definitely not sold on the RPI so if some people are showing up with other systems (full or just axle back) let me know. Would definitely be interested. Thanks.

Mickey

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Mikey,

Member Nanoera has a black M5 with RPI GTS on it. That was the exhuast I was after as it had proven HP gains on dyno, particularly if combined with their ram air block off plates. However, I understand that it drones at around 2-3000rpm which is the typical engine rev that we drive at. It does sound awesome though. Your neighbours will hate you if you get the RPI and leave the house at 5:15 as it is really loud at start up for the first 2 minutes. I ended up getting the Corsa, no drone and not as loud. Will try to meet up with you today and you can hear it.

Ron

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent. Thanks Ron. I owe some of my neighbors payback anyway. One had a kid in a band that liked to practice 'till 2AM. The other side likes to slam doors at all hours of the night. The people across the street (2 houses) leave about the same time I do, so definitely considering it.

Smoking a Turducken today at the house if you are interseted in swinging by. Have the guy who took Scott's place as the Global Fleet Manager coming over and my manager from Trinidad. They haven't had a chance to meet up yet, so no better time than over food and beer. Also have Rodger coming by who I think you have met before and the District Manager that covers Central America including the TTPU. Have plenty, but know you are just getting back. Let me know. If not I can try to meet up this morning before I get the smoker started. Thanks Ron.

Mickey

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have Meisterschaft GT section I, II & III. It is LOUD, so Im not sure if you want to hear it or not!
But it sounds like...... I cant even describe! I Love it!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice!!!!! Need something a little quieter here. Would still like to hear it one of these days when I can manage to meet up for a drive or a coffee run. Sorry I missed it Saturday....been pretty crazy lately. I work off 290 and Tidwell and live out in Katy. Maybe we can meet up one day if you are close for a beer.

Mickey

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I live pretty close to Katy area and work in Clear Lake. Due to long distance driving betweeen home and work, I get home pretty late during the week. I don't drive the beast everyday, but I guess I could plan to meet sometime if we setup a time in advance.

-Matt

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool. Maybe a weekend might be better. I'm out this weekend but back the next. I don't drive my M5 either, so will just have to coordinate a time and place.

Mickey

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Yo Matt, when did you get the Meistershaft? I think Roger got some new wheels also. We need to meet up this weekend so I can check out your cars.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Yo Matt, when did you get the Meistershaft? I think Roger got some new wheels also. We need to meet up this weekend so I can check out your cars.
I got it about a month ago. You should see my car. You won't recognize it! I did a bunch of mods! (Finally!) I was looking for a moderate sounding exhaust, and I ended up with one of the loudest! Who could have guessed?!
I'll be free on Saturdays around 10am, and on Sundays all morning, but I can't be out for too long! We are expecting our second child within the next 3 to 4 weeks, and I have promissed my wife to help her take care of shopping and baby's room arrangement and decorations.
If you guys let me know a day or two in advance, I can plan it. Just let me know.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Mickey,
It was nice talking to you.
I like the BBS and black M5 badges and grills of yours.
Didn't know that RPI had the GTC come out already. Definitely recommend the extra quietness for section 3 especially if there's no sacrifice in performance.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice talking to you as well. And thanks again for taking the time out to swing my and let me take a listen.

My springs got delayed a little, so will be after vacation before I can get the springs installed and the tune. Then it will be down to the exhaust. Was happy to see the info on the GTC. I think the one question I have left is the hp difference between just the section 3 and the full system. I was good to spend the money for the GTS system, but the GTC section 3 is almost as mush as the entire GTS system. So will have to think about it. Thanks again. Let me know next time you pass thru and maybe we can grab a beer.

Mickey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts