BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. i am trying to decide between the RPI GTS and the eisenmann sport/race. I do want something which is quiet at low revs but will scream at high revs. I like the stock system because it is quiet at low revs but it is not loud and fierce enough at high revs. Hence, I am willing to sacrifice some peace for the loudness and fierceness of the car.

I am in a college town so I wouldn't want my beast to be too loud, albeit others staring at it negatively. I honestly love the sound of the eisenmann race but i think it is way too loud to drive slowly around the college town. However, it does not increase the performance of the car. The GTS is more of a low muscle car tone with an increase in hp (please correct me if i am wrong) but is significantly softer than the eisenmann race.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
I'm biased but get the RPI GTS. I don't think it's as loud as the E Race and from personal experience, it still keeps the higher pitch of the high revving V10 up top. I don't think it's all low and rumbly like a muscle car at all. You can get the complete GTS system for the price of just the E Race section 3 and it has proven power. Seems like the obvious choice to me. :)

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
There is nothing in the market that sound slike a Tubi exhaust. Well, there is Kreissieg, but it is not fair to compare it with the rest.

I believe the Tubi (Normal) exhast is just what you are looking for. I have the same in my car.

The HP gains for exhaust, if any, are so insignificant that you shall not feel any difference in the drive, so I would not consider that while deciding on an exhaust. The only thing that the exhaust changes is the tone of the car. And if you are looking for an F1 like sound, Tubi is the only choice.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Hasan.. is that the Tubi Rumor?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hi guys. i am trying to decide between the RPI GTS and the eisenmann sport/race. I do want something which is quiet at low revs but will scream at high revs. I like the stock system because it is quiet at low revs but it is not loud and fierce enough at high revs. Hence, I am willing to sacrifice some peace for the loudness and fierceness of the car.

I am in a college town so I wouldn't want my beast to be too loud, albeit others staring at it negatively. I honestly love the sound of the eisenmann race but i think it is way too loud to drive slowly around the college town. However, it does not increase the performance of the car. The GTS is more of a low muscle car tone with an increase in hp (please correct me if i am wrong) but is significantly softer than the eisenmann race.

What do you guys think?
I would go with the RPi GTS system. I haven't heard the Eisenmann sport in person, but i know the race is super loud. I think you'll be really happy with the RPi setup :)

I'm biased but get the RPI GTS. I don't think it's as loud as the E Race and from personal experience, it still keeps the higher pitch of the high revving V10 up top. I don't think it's all low and rumbly like a muscle car at all. You can get the complete GTS system for the price of just the E Race section 3 and it has proven power. Seems like the obvious choice to me. :)
+1

There is nothing in the market that sound slike a Tubi exhaust. Well, there is Kreissieg, but it is not fair

The HP gains for exhaust, if any, are so insignificant that you shall not feel any difference in the drive, so I would not consider that while deciding on an exhaust. The only thing that the exhaust changes is the tone of the car. And if you are looking for an F1 like sound, Tubi is the only choice.
??? I have the RPi section 1-3 and I noticed a HUGE difference from the stock exhaust. I ran a car with RPi pulley, scoops, BMC filters, and block off plates vs my car BEFORE headers and I killed that car. Not sure about other companies exhaust systems, but RPi's full exhaust system does gain HP/TQ that are noticeable. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts