BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***Please READ carefully before installing***

Fitment for the downpipe is very specific. Make sure you follow our installation notes (or print this out and give it to your installer).

Installation notes:
- Exhaust of the car does NOT need to be removed. Simply loosen the exhaust nuts on the bottom and bring exhaust downward WITHOUT fully removing it. Removing the exhaust will make it harder to lined up the downpipe from the top.
- Once, the bottom of the downpipe is inserted into the 2 bolt exhaust flange, LINE UP THE DOWNPIPE TO THE TURBO flange. If the downpipe is inserted too DEEP into the 2 bolt flange, the center radius of the downpipe will hit the engine cyl head and you will have fitment issues. It is extremely important that you follow these notes.
- Do NOT tighten brackets until EVERYTHING that holds the downpipe in place is installed.
- Make sure the car is FULLY cooled. If you are doing the installation yourself, we recommend letting the car sit for a few hours with the hood open.

Installation time: 2-3 hours (cold car)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I might end up doing it myself if I get time.

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for posting. I will be getting this done soon in Houston. No shop has done it on an f10 that i can find. whats the tq value?
The tq value for the bolts? If its power, we see an average of 20 with our exhaust but our exhaust is giving us north of 30hp so the power combination over stock is very substantial.

I might end up doing it myself if I get time.
No doubt you can do it yourself. You are one of the reasons I got off my butt and posted the instructions. lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
And I sho appreciate it. I already printed them out!

·
Registered
909 Posts
If you are somewhat mechanically inclined it is really easy. I did it myself without instructions in my garage and the car is still running few months later so that is a good sign. I will be switching my AMS dp's to RPI ones though. OEM o2 sensor placement is much better.

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone has a part # for the crush style gasket between the dp's and exhaust?

I have not had to replace these yet. You can always call the local dealer for them though. All I have ever needed to do was use some red high temp silicone gasket maker ($3-4)

What are torque specs for bolts (NOT power gains) :)
They will vary depending on how much that gasket has closed in. I just hand tighten and then crank down a few rotations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts