BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our GT sec 2 X-pipe hybrid is now available. Our hybrid X-pipe design is a combination of H and X pipe which we have found to be very effective in the M5 exhaust system. Initial tests have shown a 2-3whp gain over some other aftermarket H, resonator or X pipes. Our sec 2 is also very light weight coming in at just 8.4lbs.

Price $569

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Looks fantastic Eloy! Cant wait for mine! I'll be calling you tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Really? Sold or on hold for people on the list?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
There all mine!!! hahahahahahahaha!
:haha2:

I'll sell them for a slight profit!:hihi:
:blink:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
:jump: Eloy, hopefully by next week, you should have all three sections:woowoo::woowoo::woowoo:

without the HEADERS:sad2::viking2:
No No No!

No "hopefully", it WILL be here on MONDAY!

Thank you!grrrrrrr
cherrsagai

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Eloy, keep a brotha in mind on Monday!

·
Registered
316 Posts
With this section 2 along with any aftermarket exhaust and xpipe make this a straightpipe setup! For those that already have headers, exhaust, xpipe, with the addition of this Section 2, will it have TOO much airflow and decrease the TQ within the lower range!?

I am really interested in getting a section 2 but i really do not want to loss TQ and HP. Thanks

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With this section 2 along with any aftermarket exhaust and xpipe make this a straightpipe setup! For those that already have headers, exhaust, xpipe, with the addition of this Section 2, will it have TOO much airflow and decrease the TQ within the lower range!?

I am really interested in getting a section 2 but i really do not want to loss TQ and HP. Thanks
We tried an H pipe resonator design prior to this one and it lost about 12whp. With thie design, we were able to pick up 1-3whp. With that, it really depends on your exhaust set up also. We tested ours with stock 1, 2 then our sec 3. Then we test stock sec 1 with our sec 2 and 3. Then we tested our 1, 2 and 3. We didnt test our parts mix/matched with other systems so I cant give you a 100% solid answer.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I will have RPI section1&2&3 install next week. Definitely will dyno pre/post.

Pre-setup: Evo headers, stock 2nd cats/resonator and Arqray muffler along with RPI Scoop/Pulley and K&N filter (~424whp on DD).

Post-setup: Evo headers, RPI section1,2, and 3 along with RPI Scoop/Pulley and K&N filter.

Basically, the difference will be just RPI section1&2&3. Will post it next week.:cheers:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Will this work with any section 3 exhaust? Any resonance/drone? Price includes installation?

·
Registered
75 Posts
We tried an H pipe resonator design prior to this one and it lost about 12whp. With thie design, we were able to pick up 1-3whp. With that, it really depends on your exhaust set up also. We tested ours with stock 1, 2 then our sec 3. Then we test stock sec 1 with our sec 2 and 3. Then we tested our 1, 2 and 3. We didnt test our parts mix/matched with other systems so I cant give you a 100% solid answer.
Do you recall what the gains were over stock with this setup (stock section 1, your section 2 and 3)? This is where I'm thinking of starting with exhaust mods ...

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
eloy, how do you think this will sound with my Dinan exhaust? i've been searching around looking at RDsport and SS. how is this better?

thats why i was really curious when avi8tir had the SS pipe with his Dinan- and then switched over to Dinan pipes for concern of hp.

your RPI pipes are definitely more affordable. i'm just concerned about sound and hp decrease/increase...

1 - 20 of 83 Posts