BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone interested in getting a full RPI GT exhaust system from the US imported to the UK? I'm looking at getting one myself, and obviously the more people we can get in the UK, the better a deal we can all get.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It should just void the warranty on the exhaust system mate. The RPI system is a direct bolt on, without cutting, so i'll hold on to the factory exhaust as well. To avoid any possibility of blame being placed on an after market exhaust, it may be an idea to put it back on for engine based warranty work, but from my experience with after market parts with BMW, they seem to be pretty good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It should just void the warranty on the exhaust system mate. The RPI system is a direct bolt on, without cutting, so i'll hold on to the factory exhaust as well. To avoid any possibility of blame being placed on an after market exhaust, it may be an idea to put it back on for engine based warranty work, but from my experience with after market parts with BMW, they seem to be pretty good.
Ok, while I look into this please pm me with any great deals you come across. Are you interested in wheels at all? I am really considering te same HREs as SlammedM6.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't pm yet mate, haven't got enough posts. Do you want to email me on my hotmail address and i'll email you with prices? I'm on [email protected]. Let me know when you've sent it buddy, cos I don't usually check it.

Not in the market for wheels right now, but those wheels on SlammedM6's car look spot on!

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey, are you guys thinking of getting a ecu remap done soon? i've been looking at an Evolve tune and have heard good things on this forum and they're local... i'm sure if we get them done at the same time we can get a deal done....

·
Registered
550 Posts
hey, are you guys thinking of getting a ecu remap done soon? i've been looking at an Evolve tune and have heard good things on this forum and they're local... i'm sure if we get them done at the same time we can get a deal done....
I have already been talking to Evolve, Im def in for the ECU map, not sure about the exhaust yet.

·
Registered
550 Posts
JAYS: With your resonaters and secondary CATS deleted are you feeling any difference on the performance side of things and what about the noise?

thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
JAYS: With your resonaters and secondary CATS deleted are you feeling any difference on the performance side of things and what about the noise?

thanks
there wasn't really a performance difference a little better pull if anything but the noise is amazing... have a look at vitalii's videos that's what sold me to do it.

I'm ready to do the remap asap, the guy to speak to is Sal... if your ready to do it i'll call the guy and sort something out

·
Registered
59 Posts
hi all uk owners had an m6 for two weeks now, and im gonna either be in for an rpi exhaust, or do the cat and resernator delete that jays m6 has had done just worried with the warranty as we all know what bmw are like, has anyone had there m6 wheels referbed i am struggling to find some one decent who can do it,

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey buddy, welcome to the board and congratulations on your new purchase! The honeymoon that your currently experiencing doesn't end- i'm still loving mine like the first day!!!

To be honest the exhaust gains are neglible, the RPI exhaust seems to have given great gains on the dyno though. I ended up going for an Eisenmann Race exhaust, which is just the rear boxes. Gives a great noise if your used to a bit of volume! I've got a track bike with Akrapovic exhausts, so to be honest it actually sounds much more reasonable than I thought it would. I guess it's all preference.

There is some sounds clips about of the resonator and secondary cat delete on youtube, and it sounds good and retains that stock look. Warranty wise, I would say BMW is pretty much as fair as you can get with modified cars. In my experience, the part thats has been modified and any related parts will not be repaired under warranty, but they are not ridiculous about this. For example, if you do the cat and resonator delete, don't expect them to repair any section of the exhaust under warranty. On the other hand I had KW's on my CSL and they did the lower arms, so you can kind of get my drift...

Reactions: pardoe101

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went to a garage local to me called HLM Tuning for the fitting. Cost me £70 and took about 3/4 hr to do. It's a pretty simple fit as the quality is so good on the Eisenmann, so as long as you find a place with a ramp and a cutter your in business. MOT wise, never had a problem in the past, sure it will be absolutely fine.

Reactions: imycool

·
Registered
59 Posts
ressy do you still have your stock exhaust, and would you be interested in selling it so i could try the resenator delete and cats before going all in for an eissmen as money is tight after getting a quote for detailing looking at 575 cheers

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm still using my centre section from the stock exhaust with the eisenmann back boxes cut in, so the only spares i've got are two factory back boxes. Sorry buddy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.