BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
BUT WAIT! Theres more!............hehe, Just had to say it. Bo has the lady on lock down and he told me that no matter what the future wife says, hes keeping his foot down. I think he told me that he learned that from either you or Kenny. Myke is always right. He taught Chuck Norris to be a god.
Funny dude!

I need to get down to see you guys!:)

However, my stock exhaust in your shop should remind you of me. I am there in metal spirit!ouich

Need to talk to you about an ST version of Sec 2.
cherrsagai

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Funny dude!

I need to get down to see you guys!:)

However, my stock exhaust in your shop should remind you of me. I am there in metal spirit!ouich

Need to talk to you about an ST version of Sec 2.
cherrsagai

Its ok man. With the economy down, keeping your exhaust here is a good investment. At a $10/day storage fee, its a good thing. :blabla:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Myke is always right. He taught Chuck Norris to be a god.
God doesnt even begin to explain what Chuck Norris is... Have you read his book of facts? It's all true, When Chuck Norris does a push-up he's not pushing himself up, he's pushing the world down....hiha

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
God doesnt even begin to explain what Chuck Norris is... Have you read his book of facts? It's all true, When Chuck Norris does a push-up he's not pushing himself up, he's pushing the world down....hiha
A fan eh!
:cool:

·
Registered
924 Posts
delete

·
Registered
130 Posts
Could anyone comment on any tendency for the RPI exhaust (section 3) to drone at highway cruising speeds? I am considering upgrading the exhaust on my car and I am looking for something that is a bit more agressive than stock, but not too over the top.

So far, this is looking like a good option. I just need more information before making a final decision.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
A little redundant!ouich

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
BUT WAIT! Theres more!............hehe, Just had to say it. Bo has the lady on lock down and he told me that no matter what the future wife says, hes keeping his foot down. I think he told me that he learned that from either you or Kenny. Myke is always right. He taught Chuck Norris to be a god.
Ya Damn Right ELOY, both feet! She should have read the fine print that I always get the final say! :deal:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Could anyone comment on any tendency for the RPI exhaust (section 3) to drone at highway cruising speeds? I am considering upgrading the exhaust on my car and I am looking for something that is a bit more agressive than stock, but not too over the top.

So far, this is looking like a good option. I just need more information before making a final decision.
Yes, I have read on here from a few people that the exhaust noise does make it into the cabin. I proceeded to get the sec 3 anyway and haven't looked back in a while. This is due to a few facts of this exahust:

1. HIGHWAY DRIVING: The "drone" really does not occur at hwy speeds. As long as you don't lug your motor (which you shouldn't anyway), it is barely perceptible, even cruising at exactly 3000 rpms. I would have no problems driving with this setup for 300+ hwy miles.... and believe me, I have sensitive ears and relatively anal retenetive (just ask Mike, Eloy, etc). My fiance, with even more sensitive ears, is ok with it.

2. SURFACE STREET DRIVING: The only time the deep sound known as "drone" intrudes into cabin is driving in a lot of stop-and-go traffic. Starting in thru the RPM range from 1500-3000k, shifting into 2000-3000k (1st, 2nd, 3rd), you can hear it, but, as many here have told me, it seemed to have lessened with time. I don't know the technical aspects of packing material burn-in and the likes and its effect on the perceived drone, but it has gotten much less within a few weeks.

This was confirmed by passengers that rode in the car from when I first got my exhuast and rode in it weeks later, stating that the perceived drone was almost gone. My fiance, that got her panties in a bunch about the sound, told me recently that she doesn't really notice it anymore. This has also been confirmed by a few respected board members here, as well as myself. Remember, I am only speaking of the stop-and-go here. Hwy driving has been a-ok since day one.

3. OUTSIDE TONE: The sound from the outside is just about perfect. I even had a buddy drive up and down the street so I can hear it from the outside. Sweetest sound. Deep and throaty from the 1-3.5k, turning into a nice high-pitched wail at the upper rpms. I may go with sec 1 just b/c I want a lil more db's.

4. WEIGHT SAVINGS: Aside from all that, Eloy weighed the stock cans vs the RPI setup right in front of me. The weight savings was pretty drastic. It was like 17lbs vs 41 lbs.... per side! That's 34lbs vs 82lbs, a savings of nearly 50 lbs in a critical place, behind the rear wheels on the overhang towards the ends of the vehicle. To get back to the stock weight, I would be tossing in 2 25lbs of sandbags in the trunk and drive around... to give a visual.

5. HP GAIN, DARE I SAY? - So with the imperceivable sound at highway cruising, much lessened cabin noise on city streets, lighter weight and near-perfect sound pitch outside compounded with the very reasonable price tag... it is the way to go and I would highly recommend this setup to anyone on the fence.

That, plus there is no HP loss. (That would have been a deal breaker) And if nothing, I had a good dyno day with this setup... and dare I say I may have gotten a couple of extra ponies? Consistent with RPI's claims.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
YES he does. I have very sensitive hearing. Heck I can hear a mouse fart at night and I will wake up. But Mike? The mouse can pass a silent one and he will notice. :7:
That wasn't the mouse!:grinyes:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So much for my infomercial...

21 - 36 of 36 Posts