BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my RPI mufflers installed today. All I can say is wow! These are absolutely perfect for what I was looking for. If anyone is on the fence, GO WITH RPI!!!! They add that little extra umph so that you feel like you're driving a 500hp car without the obnoxiously loud "look at me" sound.

From what I can tell, they have a deeper, louder, and more full tone down low and then it settles out up top with the higher pitched F1 sound.

In addition, I feel like my car has more power. I don't know if it is the placebo effect, but I'm telling you, it chirps freely in p400 mode. I stayed back and watched the entire install. There are tremendous weight savings with this setup over stock mufflers.

Thanks to Eloy and the guys at RPI. This is an awesome setup!

P.S. -- the tips with the etched-in RPI logo look awesome! They fill in the bumper just perfectly with the larger tips!! I always felt something was missing because the stock tips are too small, now it looks just perfect!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I know...
How sad is this? (1) I don't have a video camera, and (2) If I did, I wouldn't know how to post it onto the computer.
I think the term is "computer illiterate"
I could take a cell phone video, but that wouldn't do this exhaust system justice. Seriously, this setup is badass....
I'll see if I can't get some techy dude to help me out and get a video up on here...

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats! Did you also get section 1 and 2?
I got the ST Section 1, but haven't had it installed it yet. I'm kind of flirting with maybe doing a straight pipe setup instead of high flow cats. I stayed with stock section 2, though.

When I get together with George (ttm6) and do some runs, I'm sure he'll have some videos that we can get up here, especially if the runs are going to be recorded anyways...

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I went with the ST Section 1 also and couldnt be happier. It was a great addition in terms power and sound

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I went with the ST Section 1 also and couldnt be happier. It was a great addition in terms power and sound
Did you add the ST Section 1 or do it all at the same time? If you added it after having the cans for a while. How different was the sound? How much louder was it?
I know there is a side-by-side video that RPI put of, but i am curious as to actual impressions... Thanks...

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
BO! Where you been? You've been MIA.
I've been crazy busy working, and now planning a wedding. :eek:h: How have things been with you Eloy. I'm also constantly watering my money tree out back, so that I can add the headers. I have to depend on the money tree because the market sucks a fatty! Any meets planned at the shop?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Did you add the ST Section 1 or do it all at the same time? If you added it after having the cans for a while. How different was the sound? How much louder was it?
I know there is a side-by-side video that RPI put of, but i am curious as to actual impressions... Thanks...
I added the Sec 1 after I had the cans for a while. I had the Dinan cans and loved the sound, but wanted something a little louder. The RPI piece made the exhaust a little deeper down low, but added to the throaty V10s top end (exactly where the performance benefit is, mid range torque and top end hp). Like I said, couldnt be happier. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I just got my RPI mufflers installed today. All I can say is wow! These are absolutely perfect for what I was looking for. If anyone is on the fence, GO WITH RPI!!!! They add that little extra umph so that you feel like you're driving a 500hp car without the obnoxiously loud "look at me" sound.

From what I can tell, they have a deeper, louder, and more full tone down low and then it settles out up top with the higher pitched F1 sound.

In addition, I feel like my car has more power. I don't know if it is the placebo effect, but I'm telling you, it chirps freely in p400 mode. I stayed back and watched the entire install. There are tremendous weight savings with this setup over stock mufflers.

Thanks to Eloy and the guys at RPI. This is an awesome setup!

P.S. -- the tips with the etched-in RPI logo look awesome! They fill in the bumper just perfectly with the larger tips!! I always felt something was missing because the stock tips are too small, now it looks just perfect!
Congrats on the new set up. You might want to consider the RPI GT Headers. You'll love them!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
So how loud would you say this exhaust is compared to Eisenmann Race, assuming you've heard both? I'm on the fence big time...:confused2

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I honestly have never heard E-race. I havent run into many guys around here who really mod their cars. But I can tell you, from the videos I've heard of E-race, there is NO comparison. This system is as good as it gets. I love it
I did go to M-Driving Experience with a guy who was 24 years old and pulled up in a F430. He had the E-race and took it off after 2 days because it was too loud, and this is a guy who's 24 years old...
I would absolutely, 100% recommend this setup and there is a killer deal going on right now. You will not find a better deal than this on any system, even if it's not about the money. The sound is awesome...

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/m5-e60-group-buy-forum-sponsor-discussion-offerings/126403-m5-exhaust-rpi-gt-killing-me-larry-sale.html

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for the prompt reply. Yeah, I knew about the sale, and that's what's got me super motivated at the moment to decide. I just don't want to buy the RPI exhaust and be left wanting "more". I definitely am looking for an authoritative sounding setup.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Thanks for the prompt reply. Yeah, I knew about the sale, and that's what's got me super motivated at the moment to decide. I just don't want to buy the RPI exhaust and be left wanting "more". I definitely am looking for an authoritative sounding setup.
if you get the full setup you wont need more... it is plenty loud

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
+1 to Myke. If you feel you want more, add the ST Section 1, that kicks it up a notch. If that's not enough, add the RPI headers and then you'll be (1) insanely loud at WOT, and (2) insanely powerful

Seriously,the cans are awesome and there's plenty of ways to go to add more sound. Look at it this way. If you go just cans and it's not enough, add the ST section 1 and you'll be just as loud as e-race and will still have saved some money. AND it will sound BETTER than e-race...

It's a no brainer to me... Good luck with the decision!

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
We wanted to allow customers to increase sound in increments. With that, there is no comparison between the e-race and our gt sec 3. The E-race is hands down MUCH louder. Those who want more sound out of the GT sec 3 can opt for the sec1 with or without cats.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
This thread is like an infomercial!:blabla:

But since I am an owner of all three sections (ST sec 1) and GT sec 2 & 3 I must confirm what all are saying.

Graeme -I thought I read you were looking to switch to another system? Glad you stayed with RPI!:applause:

Bodaddy -Like you, the external sound is just right. This may become very useful after your wedding!hiha

Myke -You are always right!:cool:
:cheers:

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
This thread is like an infomercial!:blabla:

But since I am an owner of all three sections (ST sec 1) and GT sec 2 & 3 I must confirm what all are saying.

Graeme -I thought I read you were looking to switch to another system? Glad you stayed with RPI!:applause:

Bodaddy -Like you, the external sound is just right. This may become very useful after your wedding!hiha

Myke -You are always right!:cool:
:cheers:
BUT WAIT! Theres more!............hehe, Just had to say it. Bo has the lady on lock down and he told me that no matter what the future wife says, hes keeping his foot down. I think he told me that he learned that from either you or Kenny. Myke is always right. He taught Chuck Norris to be a god.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts