You would need the adaptor kit if you were to install it to a stock exhaust. Installation of S3 is pretty simple.
1. Hold sec 3 under stock exhaust to see how far you want the tips to stick out.
2. Mark where the vband flange is so you can make the correct cut. If you are not certain, I would cut further back (towards bumper) so if you want to shorten the tip, you can just make another cut.
3. Insert band clamp and the adaptor flange.
4. Connect the adaptor to the exhaust via the vband clamps.
Hi everyone idk if this topic has been talked about already but if it has please point me the right direction as am new to this forum. so i just recently bought 2010 E60 M5 with 67k miles and just recently did the 70k tuneup which included spark plugs, oil change, differential service, coolant...
***Please READ carefully before installing***
Fitment for the downpipe is very specific. Make sure you follow our installation notes (or print this out and give it to your installer).
- Exhaust of the car does NOT need to be removed. Simply loosen the exhaust nuts on the...
- thick gloves
- cleaning cloth + rubbing alcohol
- stubby strew driver
- long screw driver
- RPi ram air scoops + installation screws
1. First thing to do is remove the front kidney grills. Some of you may have had the E60 M5 or E63 M6. The removal is a bit harder with the F10...