BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update.
So I removed the carbon filters, and blocked off the passanger side. My first drive is horrendous. I habe a check engine light and I can't get above 5k rpm without it cutting out, complete redline and bog through all gears. Also I am cables and have the F1 Meisterschaft exhaust. Exhaust is very low pitch now. Not sure if i would get that F1 sound at the top of the gears, but I cannot get there. I ran the codes and im getting a cylander 7 misfire, Thermostat, and injector circuit open/ open cylinder 7. At idle it is smooth, then turning on the AC makes it a bit bumpy. A noticeable change.
Any recommendations? Please help, thanks.
TcFII

·
Registered
335 Posts
I’ll try and answer most of your questions as straight fwd as I can. Both air boxes have a T-joint that connects the intake ducts with both left and right brake cooling ducts, these two joints are the ones you want to block.sounds to me that the error codes you are getting might be that you left some sensor disconnected ? I dont think it has nothing to do with the plates or scoops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’ll try and answer most of your questions as straight fwd as I can. Both air boxes have a T-joint that connects the intake ducts with both left and right brake cooling ducts, these two joints are the ones you want to block.sounds to me that the error codes you are getting might be that you left some sensor disconnected ? I dont think it has nothing to do with the plates or scoops.

Cuco,
Thanks for the reply, im steessin over here and just parked the car and driving my other for now. In regards to what you said. Do I want to block off the bottom hole on both, regardless of the airducts? If thats the case, should I just remove the airduct that flows to the front pumper since it's obsolete? Also, with the issues im having, I did not disconnect any wiring? I just popped the top and set it to the side with it all still attached. Maybe it just got loose while doing so? I'll try and disconnect and reconnect it all and see if thats the case. I just dont see why I would have such reduced power and redline and bog down at 5k. Also, the cylinder 7 issue is new. It was running flawless before I tried this mod. Couldnit be that I only did the charcoal filter delete both sides and blockoff plate on the passanger side, and didn't do the new filters or rpi scoops? Maybe its something that needs it all done together to work correctly? Thanks again.
TcFII

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mind telling me where that would be?
I reverted everything back to stock and still the same issue...also just found out its not a check engine light, its in limp mode. Thanks.
-TcFII

·
Registered
335 Posts
The issue seems to be cylinder 7...what codes are you getting? Dont remove the lower ducts, you’ll loose brake cooling

·
Registered
17 Posts
There you go
B3Bt,
Say it ain't so...sure enough, she clicked right in, ran the code test and started her up. No limp mode and she is purring! Thanks a ton! Love learning little things like this, my engine knowledge is at a 1.2 right now.lol. More of a cosmetics guy, take to the shop for motor, but im getting there. Def saved me a pretty penny...
Now I jist decide if I go back to doing the original mod again 🤔🤔🤔!
-TcFII

41 - 53 of 53 Posts