BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, let me start off by saying thank you to everyone at RPI.
A extra thank you for Eloy, always going out of his way and talking to me for hours explaining everything and always going the extra mile.

I had a appointment on Saturday for a pulley install but, some family event came up, I called Eloy and he had a tight schedule and he still fit me in today! Eloy was tied up fixing his website up but he still even went out of his way and even dynoed my car! Honestly, Eloy is one of the best I've ever done business with. His knowledge is amazing, his people skills are amazing, man, I sound retarded just keep on talking about Eloy. Lets get back to the RPI products..

Anyways, let me get to the highlight of the day.

After my pulley install, the car just became SO RESPONSIVE. The throttle was just amazing. It gave my car the extra push it needed. I took it around the block and I immediately felt the power increase, without p500 mode. Then I turned on the P500 mode, OH MAN. IT JUST KEEPS PULLING AND PULLING. The ride home I had a smile from ear to ear. I highly recommend this mod to everyone who owns this car. Anyone that bought the air scoops already know that they don't mess around when they make a product. lovelove

Back to the dyno!
We dynoed my car before the pulley install. This is my car with just the RPI scoops and my exhaust. (also cf delete, everything else is stock)

Max Hp = 410.4 (this was done on a dyno dynamics machine) if it was on a dyno jet, the numbers would be extremely high and off. (Prob 450-480)

(People from the RPI meet should know that this is very high number :applause:)

I will scan the paper later, I don't have a scanner at home.

I'm extremely happy with the results and I will continue getting RPI products.

Again, thank you Gale, Gabe, Michael and last but not least, ELOY!

None of this would be possible without RPI!

- Josh

·
Registered
104 Posts
I really have to agree with tightie, I spoke to Eloy for the first time today about mod's for my car and he spent an hour on the phone going over everything in detail, Whats even more impressive is his honesty and business ethics and thats hard to come buy in todays world..

To you Eloy:cheers:

Jon

Thanks again for all the great info.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Every day that passes I get more tempted to get RPI Ram Air kit, BMC filters and now even the pulley. I've heard good things at street level about the RPI guys too.

Lets keep the airwaves open for positive and negative feedback as it is all really helpful.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
+1 100% agree with tightie, even though I never dyno'dmy beast after the scoops, pulley, CF delete and BMC, she pulls like never before.
Thank you Eloy and remember "no good deed goes unpunished". I've recommended them numerous times now :blabla:

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I just installed my scoops.. really easy to do. Filters don't arrive until sometime next week..

I would recommend the scoops & filters & cf delete

I want to get the evosport pulley, maybe the dinan exhaust and chip.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I can totally agree. I had nothing but great things to say about my car and Eloy after the install. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I can totally agree. I had nothing but great things to say about my car and Eloy after the install. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them.

True Dat!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
does dinan have pulleys?

·
Registered
700 Posts
hey carl... i don't think there is anything to deliberate about... the scoops and bmc filters are a NO BRAINER. the price, the benefit and zero risk, it is easy for anyone to pull the trigger... even me, and i've been the most ambivalent about mods.
in regards to the pulley, after months of reading posts and counting up all the cons.. i'm gonna get it done.

again, i think the pulley is not for everyone but the scoops and bmc filter are a must.

Viet

Every day that passes I get more tempted to get RPI Ram Air kit, BMC filters and now even the pulley. I've heard good things at street level about the RPI guys too.

Lets keep the airwaves open for positive and negative feedback as it is all really helpful.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Nice to hear! What was the after dyno result and the relative gain?
The dyno dynamics will not show any power improvements from the pulley. It is due to the this dyno calculates power. You would have to do a before and after on a dynojet to see the pulley power. Before Eloy even made pulleys he told me this when I dynoed my car their since i have the evosport pulley.

Remember the pulleys do not technically increase hp they redistribute it. They underdrive other things to allow more power to be distributed through the crank. This last comment is not directed specifically towards you Gustav since you probably already know this.

·
Registered
994 Posts
hey carl... i don't think there is anything to deliberate about... the scoops and bmc filters are a NO BRAINER. the price, the benefit and zero risk, it is easy for anyone to pull the trigger... even me, and i've been the most ambivalent about mods.
in regards to the pulley, after months of reading posts and counting up all the cons.. i'm gonna get it done.

again, i think the pulley is not for everyone but the scoops and bmc filter are a must.

Viet
My worries are warranty related. A know an E55 driver has had his car blacklisted by MB USA after a light mod (pulley) that had nothing to do with his car breaking down.

Why do you say the pulley is not for everyone? Does it affect my insurance? Also, why Evosport if you don't mind my asking?

Does anyone know how mod-friendly Beverly Hills BMW are? My experience with their service dept so far has been unfavorable.

I really want to get these light mods done but can't shake my warranty concerns as I bought the car rather than leased and plan on keeping it 4 years as I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Carl,

A pulley on an E55 can have a totally different purpose than on our NA cars. The pulley on the E55, if it is a SC pulley, overdrives the SC to increase boost. The pulley for our cars simply underdrives accessories by about 15% to allow more hp to go to the wheels through the crank. And to increase the boost on a SC car, without other mods to compensate for this increased boost, could theoretically damage engine components.

·
Registered
700 Posts
carl.... What meant re the pulley is that it can make your car run hotter. Some people may not want that risk. The scoops and filters on the other hand only allow your car to breathe better. As far a warranties go, it is very unlikely for your dealer to realize the scoops and even less likely the filters. Of course I speak in relative terms because any a-hole dealer can clamp down and deny warranty coverage if they choose.
honestly speaking if you're worried about warranty I would forego the pulley.
the dealer I get service at is not where I bought my car. I've taken my car twice since having scoops/filters installed and no one has mentioned a thing.
but I am certain all scoop and bmc filter customers will agree with me that it is zero (virtually) risk mod. Worst case scenario, just uninstall them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I did 412 HP on the dyno dynamics machine yesterday at Classic BMW in Dallas. I will post my print out once I scan it. I was pretty dissapointed but I heard the same thing about differences between Dyno Jet and Dyno Dynamics. Darren_Dallas (another board member with a highly modified M5) pulled 426 HP on his top run.

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
I did 412 HP on the dyno dynamics machine yesterday at Classic BMW in Dallas. I will post my print out once I scan it. I was pretty dissapointed but I heard the same thing about differences between Dyno Jet and Dyno Dynamics. Darren_Dallas (another board member with a highly modified M5) pulled 426 HP on his top run.
You guys get 93 octane no? :crying2:

·
3,394 Posts
My worries are warranty related. A know an E55 driver has had his car blacklisted by MB USA after a light mod (pulley) that had nothing to do with his car breaking down.

Why do you say the pulley is not for everyone? Does it affect my insurance? Also, why Evosport if you don't mind my asking?

Does anyone know how mod-friendly Beverly Hills BMW are? My experience with their service dept so far has been unfavorable.

I really want to get these light mods done but can't shake my warranty concerns as I bought the car rather than leased and plan on keeping it 4 years as I absolutely love it.
Warranty concerns are exactly why we made our pulley silverish in color, similar to the stock one, and also why we put our logo on the backside (facing the engine) instead of the front.

·
Registered
501 Posts

426!?!? Something must not be right his car seems to pull every other M5 in his DFW events but that would only equate to a best case 498 crank HP using a 17% drivetrain loss!!! :dunno:

·
3,394 Posts
426!?!? Something must not be right his car seems to pull every other M5 in his DFW events but that would only equate to a best case 498 crank HP using a 17% drivetrain loss!!! :dunno:
As you can see, chassis dynos all read very differently:

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0306tur_dynodash/

They're a great tool for before/after comparisons, but absolutely horrid for absolute measurements.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
426ish is about what all of us with similar mods are doing on the
RPi dynodynamics (i.e. headers, pulley, scoops, software, etc.).
Those numbers seem about right to me. These numbers equate to
around 465ish on a dynojet at SP Engineering.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts