BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marshall was here and we were able to get some solid numbers on the headers and the air box plugs.

Here is the dyno history (steve, feel free to correct me if I am wrong):

Session 1: 407whp
- bmc filters, charc. filters removed, evo pulleys, evo diff, dinan exhaust

Session 2: 421whp
- same as above + rpi ram scoops

Session 3/4: 433whp
- same as above + evo headers

Here is the graph for session 3/4 with and without the airbox plugs. Peak power was the same basically but we saw a gain in the low and midrange like last time. There is about a 9whp gain around 5000rpm.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Plugs and scoops... should have known we could achieve such similar results from the Home and Garden section as headers alone!! :D

Congrats on bringing another cost effective product to market.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
12hp gain on headersgrrrrrrr He must be heart-broken right now :haha::haha::haha:

I recalled last time with hole plug, he lose the top end hp and gain low/mid. And now same topend and gain low/mid. :3: I want to do it too:eek:

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
12hp gain on headersgrrrrrrr He must be heart-broken right now :haha::haha::haha:

I recalled last time with hole plug, he lose the top end hp and gain low/mid. And now same topend and gain low/mid. :3: I want to do it too:eek:
The last time we dynod with the plugs we did not do a before and after the same day. We only based the numbers off a previous session. Remember, the gains from either mods whether its 12whp or not, is that the gains are throughout the entire powerband. Peak power doesnt mean as much as how the powerband has changed.

Kenny, we all know you want to get your holes plugged. :)

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
have her get the plugs then put some scoops on head, turn on the fan and let her run on the dyno.
Hehe,...well Open House is scheduled for FEb. 9. It M5baller or Keang24 wants, we can strap a bicycle to the dyno and see what he can dish out (Im dead serious about this).

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
those are good numbers....no video for us Eloy? :( I'd love to hear how the dinan sounds with all that work done....

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hehe,...well Open House is scheduled for FEb. 9. It M5baller or Keang24 wants, we can strap a bicycle to the dyno and see what he can dish out (Im dead serious about this).
sick Ill make my dad bring the bmw bike and show you guys that I am worth .7whp...

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I'll bring my roadbike(bicycle), but can we get dyno going on this Sat after BMS Bar-b-q? I need a place to hang out till baller's event.

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Our dyno is also a motorcycle and scooter dyno. Some of you have seen how darn sensitive is...(almost as much as K's feelings). We can do before and after dyno on M5baller (before/after redbull).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts