BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just back from hols and was wondering it will be nice to share some driving routes together, for those who actually drive their cars as they were designed for, discovering places around the world etc. I think sharing nice routes will be interesting cause when i travel that's one thing always on my mind for driving and riding.

This i discovered recently in Northern Spain with some local friends, the Cantabria region to be more exact, from Asturias to Cantabria. I have driven extensively around europe but never managing to document my trips so thought i'd start noting this cause i enjoy it so much to the point planning to keep a car and bike permanently in EU, as i love the roads a hell of a lot. For now Spain and please forgive lack of proper details, route was done at speed.

Coming from Santander- N-623 ---> Covanera- N-623 ---> continue from these point head towards Burgos- N-623 --> at Masa turn right to Aguilar de campoo N-629 preferably else (N-627), then from Aguilar de Campoo head towards Cervera de Pisuerga (15miles aprox) cl-626 you can stop (for a breath taking view and hold your hats this is very high in the mountains) at Piedrasluengas.

Head towards Asturias then into Cantabria Avelanedo to the after about 10miles Ojedo Cantabria view mini round about, 2nd exit direction Potes Liebana find a sport to park on your left- have a drink, tapas etc and enjoy the small town (this takes about half an hour etc) readying your self for a truely thrilling drive!!! he he he...

Once done go back to round about Ojedo and this time take 1st exit heading to Desfiladero de le Hermida--> Direction Unquera Santader-->

Now for the real fun part and believe me this will test your driving skills and cars set up properly cause this road is silky smooth but full of twists and turns uphill crests and fast downhill in the mountains (Spotted a brace of near 60 Porsches mostly Turbos and GT3rs's and a few 993's and Lotus and Ferraris riding together at speed probably a club of some sort on this Pass that i rate close to the Stelvio Pass in switzerland)

For bout 45 mins 20miles Next Lebena N-621 (Cantabria) towards Panis(Asturias) turn left AS114 head towards Niserias and stop to swim with some tuna fishes if you like else for head for Trescares Asturias and view in a short 7mins drive on your left restaurant called Casa Pancho for nice Cidra or good food with a fantastic view of the mountains.

Please note: i did this with some local friends who share a passion for cars and bikes and we just wanted to spend the day driving so this was designed to be a day out filled with just driving and fun not going anywhere but we started in the Castelia y Leon - Asturias - Canatabria - back to Asturias - Castelia Y Leon regions and the las section was mind blowing good drive. To a degree very close 2nd to the Stelvio for me this one.

Please share your thoughts if you've done this before or what your take is plus share your own routes be it France Switzerland Holland UK etc.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Reading this post has rekindled some beautiful memories that I have of visiting Oviedo a few years back .

Shame we were driving a Citreon C5 hire car rather than an M5 !

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All things equal heading back there next year but this time with my car again :biggrinbounce:. Could not believe it when i got there. Sigh!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts