BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to place an order on the Eisenmann race exhaust,i saw some video clips on the board and i think they sound greatlovelove! when i called the dealer,i was informed that there are 2 tips (Oval-Round)..which made me hesitate to go forward,i'm not sure..is it better to go the original look of the M5 or with the AMG'ish ovals:confused:,both are good-looking!! I heard that Oval tips get in contact with the bodywork of the car,is this true?if yes is it the paint which gets damaged or is it the exhaust vibration on the bodywork:eek:oohhh:??
One more thing,i also noticed that most members with eisenmann exhausts have the ovals..is it just taste:lightbulb:

what do you think guys..go with the round or oval tips??

Thanks in advance
:cheers:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Emirates M5 said:
i'm going to place an order on the Eisenmann race exhaust,i saw some video clips on the board and i think they sound greatlovelove! when i called the dealer,i was informed that there are 2 tips (Oval-Round)..which made me hesitate to go forward,i'm not sure..is it better to go the original look of the M5 or with the AMG'ish ovals:confused:,both are good-looking!! I heard that Oval tips get in contact with the bodywork of the car,is this true?if yes is it the paint which gets damaged or is it the exhaust vibration on the bodywork:eek:oohhh:??
One more thing,i also noticed that most members with eisenmann exhausts have the ovals..is it just taste:lightbulb:

what do you think guys..go with the round or oval tips??

Thanks in advance
:cheers:
Do you want to sell your car... i am looking for one

·
Registered
759 Posts
I would say go with the round one, its better IMO plus ovals would touch the body as u said.
BTW is there a dealer for Eisenmann in UAE, if so any names, Phone numbers would be apprictiated. thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M-POWER 77 said:
I would say go with the round one, its better IMO plus ovals would touch the body as u said.
BTW is there a dealer for Eisenmann in UAE, if so any names, Phone numbers would be apprictiated. thanks
the dealer is RACE TEC and is located in Dubai
contact Wail at +971504489004 :)

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
It is just a matter of preference. Most (probably all) members who have the ovals have reported that they do touch but that there have been no problems. Personally, I like the look of the ovals -- they are just beautiful!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
The tips do come in contact with the rear valance and there's no way to avoid this unless your installer cuts the bodywork (don't let them do this!). However, the contact of the tips doesn't do any damage. As far as transmitting vibrations thru the car, this doesn't happen either. The thing is just plain loud!

Basically, all it comes down to is your preference of appearance. Ovals set it apart, more aggressive, IMO; rounds are more stealth (that is until you hear it:)). Good luck!

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
I my self like the look with the oval tips.

·
Registered
146 Posts
dubai_m5 said:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=17943&d=1145454086

I had the ovals tips :7:
But to tell you the truth its way to loud for daily use ouich ouich
i prefer the sport version
How different is the sport version? Is it somewhere between the race and stock? I have the race version and love the way it sounds but like you said, it's not convenient for daily use.

I'm considering selling my race version and getting the sport version

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I think oval, because I like the way it fits the rear better. But I do love the M look to the 4 round tips. I think either way, it should be very nice. But it is defintely all a matter of preference!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
orlandom5 said:
round all the way oval is like mersedes or cadilac
People, people. Not to single you out orlandom5 since the comparison has been made 5,783,348 times before, but who cares if the AMG's and Caddy's have similar exhaust tips? Sorry, but that's not a reason to dislike them. If something just screams 'ugly', or they're too big, or you think they just don't suit the M5, well, okay. I personally like them b/c I think their shape and wide bore complement the wide stance of the car and the lines of the diffuser.

But if we get into comparisons with other cars, we could go on and on about round tips. "Too Nissan Maxima-ish'. Don't get me wrong. I love the round tips too. Just prefer the ovals. Choice is a wonderful thing.

Okay, rant over. I think I'm just still pissed that the Giants flailed again tonight.grrrrrrr

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hahaha... I was going to say that probably 90% of cars out there have round tips!!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
bmwbonehead said:
People, people. Not to single you out orlandom5 since the comparison has been made 5,783,348 times before, but who cares if the AMG's and Caddy's have similar exhaust tips? Sorry, but that's not a reason to dislike them. If something just screams 'ugly', or they're too big, or you think they just don't suit the M5, well, okay. I personally like them b/c I think their shape and wide bore complement the wide stance of the car and the lines of the diffuser.

But if we get into comparisons with other cars, we could go on and on about round tips. "Too Nissan Maxima-ish'. Don't get me wrong. I love the round tips too. Just prefer the ovals. Choice is a wonderful thing.

Okay, rant over. I think I'm just still pissed that the Giants flailed again tonight.grrrrrrr

Sorry Boner, the Bears rolled over toogrrrrrrr

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ovals Ovals Ovals

They fill out the rear of the car much nicer than the rounds. Don't fall victim to the ridiculous insecurity any M5 owner could possibly have that their car looks too much like a Cadillac or AMG etc...it is unmistakably an M5 regardless of exhaust shape -- period.

I am of course the biased owner of an Eisenmann Race myself. :)

Ali

·
Registered
123 Posts
Emirates M5 i told you go with the round ones and keep the orginal look of the exhausts, and as you can see everyone who has race says its inconvenient and its as loud as the exhausts that i had on my car

1 - 20 of 20 Posts