BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have E60 built in 4/2006 115,000 and going strong. I have devolved a rough ride. Just replaced the hydro bushings, it helped a lot. But still not satisfied. Thinking about replacing the stock shocks but the cost is crazy. Can these units be rebuilt. Anyone have suggestions.

Thanks Mike G

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I have E60 built in 4/2006 115,000 and going strong. I have devolved a rough ride. Just replaced the hydro bushings, it helped a lot. But still not satisfied. Thinking about replacing the stock shocks but the cost is crazy. Can these units be rebuilt. Anyone have suggestions.

Thanks Mike G
Wait a month or so and Turner should be shipping the Bilstein Damptronic struts to replace the stock struts.

·
Registered
226 Posts
my car is at 71k miles and i feel like my car is also starting to become a rough ride. just did front lower and upper control arms due to a vibration while braking and at higher speeds. fixed that issue but didn't notice a fix in roughness. was thinking about the new bilsteins that are coming out. not sure if i wanna do their edc coilovers or just edc shocks

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've always considered that bad "shocks" create a bouncy ride. You hit a dip and the car continues up and down longer than normal. For "rough" ride, I'd look at tires, especially tread wear. To me, "rough" ride means too much feedback from the road (noise, sharp jolts from expansion joints, etc.)

·
4,353 Posts
at 115,000 miles your shocks are more than likely gone.

I would replace with something that's only mildly sportier than stock and WORKS with the stock spring, I made the mistake of jumping to full on coilovers and it was not what I wanted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts