BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. Some of you might have glanced over my previous posts several months ago with my move from SoCal to the Portland, OR area (Washougal, WA). I've been here a few months now and all settled in.

I want to reach out to the ///M community in the local Portland and surrounding areas to see who is where with the goal of meeting folks and organizing future meets, runs, get togethers, bbq's, movie nights, going out to the restaurants/breweries, you name it. Hope to hear from everyone. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hiya Yaphet! I'm still in southern Oregon and always up for a good euro event! It's a 9 hr drive round trip from Medford to Portland... so maybe too far to go for a movie night or casual dinner, but if you're talking a Portland ECFest type event with overnight option or at least a half day of driving + eating (I can find my own lodging), I'd love to hear about it! :)

PS - I know your experience with PNW BMW has been less than ideal so far, but the admins are making some changes that will hopefully help. I hope you haven't given up on them completely.

PPSS - sick of the rain yet buddy?? :p

·
Registered
733 Posts
Not sure how many people even use m5board anymore? Seems many folks moved to Facebook pages like, ///M5 Republic and E39 M5 Owners Group. Might try posting there and referring them to this thread??

FB is great for quick response and short lived topics, but for threads like this, I'm still a big fan of the boards. Thanks for starting this thread!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Moving from LA to PDX this New years, anything going on in Jan?
Sweet. There is a PNW Winter Centralia Meet on Jan 17th. I'm planning on checking it out. I'm assuming there will be a caravan(s) but have yet to hear anything yet. PNW BMW has a Facebook page if you are on fb and details should be updated within that event.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am up in Lakewood, WA. The M is down currently but will be ready soon.

Anyone able to teach me how to use DIS & INPA? I have everything set up and ready to go. I just don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Most active folks I know for drives are either BMW CCA for more sedate luxury cruising (i.e. pay some fees) or PNW BMW for younger budget crowd (i.e. no cost drives). Or get involved with both and have all the drives you like.

·
Registered
14 Posts
North portland area here! Im down for events someone just has to make one. I also have ista d diag software so if any local m5 owners need a scan ill hook you guys up.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just thought I would stop by and leave my mark.

Chris - M6 owner living in Camas, YKJones's new town rival.

Hey man! I moved to Vancouver. My E60 got totaled on 6/5 by a girl not paying attention and ran a red light and crashed into me. I'll be back the game very, very soon though. Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have you all met up yet? I've been in Portland area for almost 2 years now and my M5 needs some attention. Would be great to get out and meet up with other M5 owners. Subscribed in case there are any updates.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you all met up yet? I've been in Portland area for almost 2 years now and my M5 needs some attention. Would be great to get out and meet up with other M5 owners. Subscribed in case there are any updates.

Let's meet up! I met up with a M5 owner in Camas a few months ago and I know a few others including a X6M owner. My E60 got totaled in Jun but I'm back in a M with a F10 M5.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey! Working to fix that. I have a number of M's in the area that I'm in regular contact with. At the moment 2 F10 M5's, 4 E60 M5's, 2 M6's and a X6M & E92 M3. Stay tuned for the next few weeks or spring.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Battle Ground ///M run Sat Sep 23rd @6:15am

Just shaking up the bushes here to see who is interested and wants to come out and join us for a little early morning Sat run. Currently we have 2 F10 M5's, F80 M3 and 3 E92 M3's going.

Sat Sep 23rd

Meet up: 6:15 am sharp. Please, please be on time
Chevron
11811 NE 72nd Ave
Vancouver, WA 98686

We will roll to LaCenter to meet local M3's who will take us on the run. An hour or so max and maybe breakfast somewhere afterwards then you have the entire rest of the day free. Early time is for less traffic, etc.

Anybody in? Weather is supposed to clear up nicely and might be one of the last opportunities before the real rainy season hits. Come on out! Let me know if you are in.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome. Sent you a text. Not sure if it went through. All remains the same. 6:15am meet up at the Chevron. See you there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
10 Participants
ykjones
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing